Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys
I’ve got a td42 that’s running cold, around 60 degrees. I have fitted dayco DT79a thermostat and a Qikazz fan.

Ive had these fitted for a couple of months and was running constantly at 85-90 degrees then all of a sudden it won’t go over 60 degrees. I’ve check the thermostat to see if it was stuck open but it was fine.

Any ideas?
Cheers

·
Registered
76 Posts
First thing I would do is verify that the gauge is reading correctly before changing / replacing anything (been caught out with that before) Then if for sure the thermostat is working correctly and not stuck open I guess the only thing I would check would be the viscous hub maybe it's stuck all the time ( the qikas fans are still running on viscous hub?) And the qikas fan was installed when you were getting 85-90 temps?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And yeah I was running the fan for a few months and it was working well!
Cheers your the feedback

·
Registered
397 Posts
Little late hope you have it sorted...

I have had two genuine thermostats fail in such a way, they refused to fully close, my old gild will run at 60 and colder even if a long downhill under these circumstances...one of those failures was a brand new one...try explaining that to the Nissan spare parts desk while wanting to exchange it for another....this was a few years ago though things might have changed.

Genuine has 3 different temp thermostats from memory. So far this 96 GQ wagon 4.2dx still running stock and original cooling parts (minus thermostat) flatly refuses to overheat even when towing couple tons..yours might be one like mine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers guys Thankyou for your advice!
Ended up replacing the temp gauge and temp sender and it’s fixed!
Cheers

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
Cheers guys Thankyou for your advice!
Ended up replacing the temp gauge and temp sender and it’s fixed!
Cheers
Excellent, what temps does it run at now with the new gauge and sensor?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts