Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just wondering what model the standard TD42 turbo is? I'm guessing it's a Garrett, but I can't find any info on it. All the info I found relates to aftermarket turbo models. Do the TD42T and TD42Ti use the same turbo?

I'm looking at upgrading my Mav without spending heaps. I'm not after rediculous power or spending big $$$, I just want some improvment over N/A with extractors.

·
Registered
nissan
675 Posts
For what you will spend, and the bother/worry on second hand or 'Nissan parts' just save and get a after market kit, It will be exactly what you want.
It will save on graying hair, stomach ulcer or a nervous tick developing.
"DIC DIT"............ "Do it Cheap Do it Twice"

·
Registered
nissan GU iv 2006
1,717 Posts
Yes, what patroladdict said, Any idea why they dropped the water cooled one in 2000????Any other differences between the two??

·
Green Machine
nissan
881 Posts
I believe because it was unnecessary with the factory size turbo. They also changed the radiator to a smaller but thicker unit, which was more inefficient.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For what you will spend, and the bother/worry on second hand or 'Nissan parts' just save and get a after market kit, It will be exactly what you want.
It will save on graying hair, stomach ulcer or a nervous tick developing.
"DIC DIT"............ "Do it Cheap Do it Twice"
It wouldn't be that expensive would it? I was expecting a few hundred for used standard items. A brand new kit is around $2500+. Then I've got to the pump and injectors done. Turbo or no turbo, they need a good checkover.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Last lot of complete GU turbo systems I seen where $1250, supposedly from low milage vehicles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts