Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
nissan
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it been asked before and i know i will be told its air leaking but im not sure how. in the mornings i start my gq and its starts straight away but then after about thirty secs it stops and takes about 20 secs of turning over to start again. after that Shes all good till the next morning. i recently pump a new fuel pump on aswell. Any thoughts?

Cheers rhys

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
start changing rubber fuel hoses. put some good quality hose clamps on too.

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
fit an electric fuel pump near the fuel tank to pressurize the fuel lines so you can see where the leak is

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,149 Posts
check / change all the hoses. also the seal on the fuel filter could be croook, also check the 2 seals on the bottom of the filter there is are 2 orings in the bottom one on the screw in bit and one on the bung.

·
Registered
258 Posts
try to push the lift pump down (top of the fuel filter) before starting, is it hard or soft? drive it for a few mins let it sit for an hr. try again is is soft?

as mentioned by others you can replace fuel lines or as ITS A FORD NOT A NISSAN said, get a small electric pump ($50 on ebay), pressurize the fuel system from the fuel tank.

i had a similar prob, started fine, idles well, drove it for half a km and it would surge for 1-2 seconds like the filter had been replaced but not bled properly, then all good til the morning.

orings can have a tiny leak on the bottom of fuel filter and you will have trouble finding this tiny leak without pressurizing the system.

check to make sure the small fuel return line (between injectors and injector pump) hose clamps are tight, mine were average and hose had small cracks but no holes(even when pressurized with air), I replaced this hose with 3/16 and replaced hose clamps. NEVER had an issue since. My lift pump could be pumped down not long after driving before replacing, now its rock solid.

·
Registered
161 Posts
metal fuel pipes famous for corroding where they go over the rear spring perch, check.
Could try (carefully) pressurising the tank with air in the filler (use an old suspension bush or something as a bung) don't put more than a couple of PSI in it though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts