Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hay guys just a fue questions

1: looking at buying a gq wagon diesel 4.2 and was going to turbo it just woundering how mutch boost can you put in a non turbo one and still be reliabel.

2: should i rebuild it with forged internals

3: is there and major internal differences between the turbo and non turbo 4.2 diesel engines

4: if i was going to do the fab work my self the only real mod is making a exhaust manifold, running a fue new inlet manifold pipes to plum in a intercooler, a boost controler and crank up the fuel pump hay.

5: what size turbo would i use a t3 or t4

6: what sort of power roughly would i b looking at with a setup like this

thats all my mate reckons any way just thourght id see what you guys think. thnaks

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
i think what he is trying to get at is have a search. there is sooooooooooooooooooo much info on this website about turboing a td42 that 99% of your questions will be answered with a little bit of a look. even down to the difference between turbo and na motors and pumps turbo size, manifolds adjusting fuel, egts everything.

·
Registered
nissan
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is a 2860r similer to a t28 from a s15 silver i looked up the specs on both of them and there the same the only diference i could see was the inlet side of the turbo, front inlet and outlet had bolts in them insted of using a hose and clamp

1 - 6 of 6 Posts