Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELLO GOOD NIGHT,
WRITE OF PORTUGAL TO WHERE WE ARE IN OUR WORKSHOP WE DO TD42 THAT SOME ARE GOOD ENOUGH.
2 ENGINES THAT WE REBUILR EVERYTHING SINCE ALL NEW RADIATOR, WATER PUMP, TEROESTATO 76.5 ORIGINAL NISSAN, NISSAN ORIGINAL KNUCKLE HEAD, ALL NEW ENGINE. The PRBLEM WE HAVE THESE 2 ENGINE IS THAT PAST 500 KMS EARN A LOT OF PRESSURE WATER and spit the water out. DID ANY OF THE BOARD OF TIGHTENING cylinder head, NEW HEAD STUDS, JA open and close 2 ENGINES AND TIMES PAST AND PRESSURE GETS KMS 300/400 KMS AND PUT THE WATER OUT.TAKE NEW PISTONS AND NEW sleevs. I ASK FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE BECAUSE NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO MORE.

Thank you

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The temperature no air conditioned is 80º degrees and weed air conditioned 85º degrees...they dont heat but wen the put the water out they heat. Put new gasket and they are good, but past 300/400 kms the start to have alot of water pressure and start to put the water out wen wee do higway ( temp dont pass 80º )

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
If the head gasket is good and torqued down properly, then the only other thing that I could imagine would be a crack in the head.

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i andrew the head was tested and the valvs equilibrated, in other engine new head...we do this preparation in other motor no problema....only the motor that we put nwe sleevs gives problems...in this ones put 2 times new head gasket and do the same thing...300 kms later pressure in ubs and water goes out....

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
as far as I know, the only way your cooling system can be pressurised like this is a cracked or warped head or a blown head gasket. I don't know how the sleeves would impact on this unless the sleeve protrudes above the block and doesn't let the head sit flush and square (sounds unlikely). But I'm not a mechanic, maybe a qualified rebuilder could chime in...

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,201 Posts
I went through this, but mine was lasting 20,000km before doing it, so even harding to find!

Cylinder liner was low in 2 pistons after the rebuild.

check for soot on head bolts when you pull them out or look for sooty marks.

Check all liner protusion very carefully, something will be wrong.

what torque specs are you using and is the motor turbo?

to be letting go so quickly there must be a serious issue, should not be hard to find!

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,201 Posts
You must have a serious issue if a NA motor is doing this so soon.

Have you checked the head and the block for straight?

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Test today the head is fine....the gasket is fine too...i think is not the block because it dont have water betwen block and sleeves...

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Loke70 is a na motor whith geometri trubo 12mm pump and front ic. 1,5 bar boost turbo the car makes 280 hp and 680 nm in dyno

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,201 Posts
Did you check the sleeve protrusions?
There's only so many things that can make combustion pressure get into coolant galleries.
What torque specs are you using for the head?

·
Premium Member
nissan
1,201 Posts
why did you rebuild it in the first place?
where is it cracked?

its common for TD42 to crack the parent bore between sleeves when they **** themselves and the piston grabs the sleeve. usually from a cracked piston or ring etc

·
Registered
nissan
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yes that appen in one engine, the piston melt...and the other engine make noise from the ring of the piston

·
Premium Member
nissan gu td42ti
4,665 Posts
Hmmm. I am wondering if you have the same issue as i had. i had 4 melted pistons.

I dont think you would have signs of water between the sleeves and the block because yoou have pressure leaking away from the bore. But check if there is any carbon/soot behind any of the liners.

If you remember which piston was melted the i would check to see if you have a cracked block behind the sleeve. There is a very thin wall on the bore block which has a water chamber behind it. If the engine melted a piston it could have generated enough heat to crack that wall. It may be so small or fine that you cant see it. Especially because you cannot fit your head close enough. If there is a crack, it might not show straight away.. Maybe when the engine temperature rises it opens or when you are at full power.

Check carefully the wall between the cylinders as well. You may have a crack on the block behind the top lip/edge of the liner or just underneath where you cannot see. If you have any cracks here that means that the liner may drop just enough to lose compression over the liner and blow into a water gallery. It can travel around the lip of the liner and end up somewhere else.

The only other thing it could be is that you are not tightening the head bolts down enough. N/A head bolt specs might not be enough tension for 600*+ torque. You need to increase the head bolt tension. Orelse you could blow through the gasket.

Do you have high sump pressure??
Have you checked your oil for water contamination?
Have you checked if your head is straight and not warped?
How did you install your liners? Cold or pressed?
Did you check the height of the liners?
Did you check the liner saddle? all the way around each cylinder??
Are you 100% sure you pressed them in completely?
Are the two pistons that are lower in compression next to each other??

You have a major problem here. Either there is a crack that you cannot see or find on the block or you have not measured and installed the liners in properly.

I would suggest that you find this before you put it back together. Dont hope that the problem will go away.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts