Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
I have just purchased a 2000 model gu that needs a bit of work. It has a td42 conversion from a 3ltr but real dodgy gave me and me mates a good laugh. The main one is the engine mounts on the chassis are home made badly and will not pass the pits just wondering if you can buy pre made ones to weld on i've searched the conversion threads but no mention of places to buy them.
Cheers chris

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ill try the wreckers the morning was hoping to get some new ones but the wreckers might have to do.
cheers

·
Registered
nissan
11,122 Posts
you can custom make em out of plate and rear control arm bushes. would be heaps stronger and also if they break you dont loose your engine all over the place as they are captive with crush tubes. worth some thought anyway

·
Registered
nissan/gq
59 Posts
mounts

knock up something like this,weld it to your chassi with 2 piece bushes in it, then cut and shut your bracket that comes off the block into a u shape mount to go over it with a bolt straight through

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
11,122 Posts
knock up something like this,weld it to your chassi with 2 piece bushes in it, then cut and shut your bracket that comes off the block into a u shape mount to go over it with a bolt straight through
exactly what i was thinking. exactly.

·
Registered
nissan
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the idea's they look like the go reaper. Are they just like leaf spring bushes

Cheers chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts