Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Gu S3 TD42t
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

just after some information. I've purchased a mechanical 11mm rebuilt pump to be placed onto my silvertop.

I've sent this to the mechanics and they have had the patrol for nearly 7 days finally have installed the pump and cannot get the engine to fire up it turns over but not firing. is there anything missing here ?

10mm mechanical pump exchanged with 11mm compensated. would this just be timing issue ? any help would be appreciated as this seems to be a relatively simple swap over.

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,529 Posts
Should be simple enough. I would just be looking for the usual faults.

Surely a competent workshop can sort this out, rather than asking their customer. It would not give me confidence.

·
Registered
1988 Maverick TD42,
216 Posts
We can't really help when you don't have the car.
  • Does it ignight at all or just crank without even spluttering
  • Are glow plugs connected and working
  • Is the fuel solenoid working
  • Did you bleed the pump
  • Is fuel coming out the injector rails on crank
  • Are the rails connected in the right order
  • Did they line up with Z or ZZ timing mark

·
Registered
2004 Gu S3 TD42t
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone.

after a long wait time and disappointing news i was told the IP was damaged and this was the reason it was not starting before they could uninstall and send off i had the car towed out of there and sent to my friends workshop.

I had the car towed out and changed the pump and I've done the timing myself using a few workshop guides and videos was a rather simple process once i got my head around the indicator tool once all complete and back together she started up. roughly 6hrs of work being first injector pump installed

since then i have had the car dyno and tuned and everything is running sweet.

I do now just have to check my glow relay as cold mornings they suck to start but this will be this weekends next job.

·
Registered
2004 Gu S3 TD42t
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We can't really help when you don't have the car.
  • Does it ignight at all or just crank without even spluttering
  • Are glow plugs connected and working
  • Is the fuel solenoid working
  • Did you bleed the pump
  • Is fuel coming out the injector rails on crank
  • Are the rails connected in the right order
  • Did they line up with Z or ZZ timing mark
everything above was addressed once i got the car back and I believe they didn't time or bleed the pump during the steps on install so i started from scratch and done it all myself

·
Registered
GQ Dual Cab. TD42Ti with fruit.
5,529 Posts
Good news mate.

I am stunned that a workshop could not do this simple job.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mate I'm interested in what was actually wrong with the pump. Maybe the incompetent workshop actually damaged it.

·
Registered
2004 Gu S3 TD42t
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mate I'm interested in what was actually wrong with the pump. Maybe the incompetent workshop actually damaged it.

I think it come down to timing as I got the pump timed and lines installed and started in a few hrs then the following Monday morning booked into dyno tune and still runs mint 👌

1 - 9 of 9 Posts