Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im looking at buying this pump for my gq, now from my understanding the it'll all bolt up perfectly, the connection towards the bottom of the pump will be the fuel cutoff, which is just plug and play, however i am unsure what the top connection next to the compensator is used for, maybe the connection that goes to the first injector on later model gu's? anyway any ideas what to do with the connection when install on my GQ?

itll be off an 04 model

·
Registered
nissan
274 Posts
Im no expert but the top looks like its the Throttle postion sensor for an auto, so if your vehicle is a manual then ignore it.

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers boys!!! can anyone suggest places to have a look at pump upgrades, DC is a tad bit much atm for me, amd KM diesel want the same price as DC :( not sure where else know a bit about td pumps

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,006 Posts
Are you sure its not the timing advance? I was of the impression the GU TD42 never came out in an auto and the manuals have no need for a TPS. Happy to be wrong, just dont want the OP to fit the pump and it not work.

·
Registered
Nissan
7,115 Posts
Are you sure its not the timing advance? I was of the impression the GU TD42 never came out in an auto and the manuals have no need for a TPS. Happy to be wrong, just dont want the OP to fit the pump and it not work.
Import pump.... jap spec

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,006 Posts
My bad, I'll get back in my box now.

·
Registered
nissan
2,057 Posts
TPS on manual pump control EGR and have 3pins, Auto is 6pins .

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,946 Posts
Dont go through km diesel what ever you do.

If your going to mess around with the pump you may as well do it properly and do it once.

I have had so many people spend upwards of 6K because the crappy job they got done first time for a little cheaper had to be redone by DC anyway.

·
Registered
nissan
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
haha yeah i really want a DC was saving up for one but shes leaking pretty bad atm, so ill have to put it off for a bit, and with the price that KM diesel want id rather spend an extra $100 and get a DC one!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts