Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed yesterday going thru town that when i put my foot down it pours out white smoke from the exhaust,
Morning starts it blows a cloud of white smoke then stops. Idles at about 600rpm for 10 seconds then to normal,
No smoke on idle,
Then every time i put my foot down it blows constand white smoke thru the gear unless driving like a granny, sitting on one speed, no smoke..

Slight miss on cold morning, but no power loss or misses while driving,

Need help!
Injectors? Injector pump? Fuel filter?

·
Registered
nissan
2,450 Posts
White smoke means that the diesel fuel is not burning correctly, fuel filter or fuel pump timing possibly

If it is blueish gray, then you have an oil problem.

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,946 Posts
White smoke can also be turbo seal, but it would generally be a very cloudy type of smoke.

Normally if its missing, it is probably a glow plug or injector problem, mainly its timing mechanism not functioning correctly.

Its hard to say there is no power loss if it has been happening over a long period of time. People get used to it and just dont really feel it any longer.

·
Registered
nissan
351 Posts
I have the same problem with mine. The smoke really noticeable when going up hills at night time with cars behind you.

I have a leak under my bonnet somewhere, I cant sit stationary with the outside vents open otherwise I get choked with exhaust gasses.

Need to have a good look for the leak, any one got any tips. I cannot hear any "ticking"?

·
Registered
Nissan 2002 GU TD42 Coil Cab
255 Posts
Unburnt fuel passing into the exhaust stream. Common causes include ..
Incorrect fuel injection timing, defective fuel injectors, low cylinder compression.
Low cylinder compression may be caused by leaking valves, ring wear, cylinder wear, sticking piston rings, or cylinder glaze.
Water entering combustion spaces will also cause this problem. Faulty head gaskets and cracked cylinder heads or blocks are a common cause of water entry, in your case, as you have explained, seems to be the most likely.

·
Safari Hoarder
nissan
4,785 Posts
Any chance you are loosing coolant and it's steam?

Also any chance you sucked some water in and bent a rod?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts