Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have a td42t gu.
Has been a bit sluggish lately, but Yesterday on the beach my truck would top out revs at 2500
Whn I got home I judges under the truck and gave it a rev and saw it would shoot plooms of white exhaust smoke and pop at 2500 rpm

Has anyone cone across this or similar?

·
The nutty professor
8,299 Posts
i would say you have an air leak in your fuel line somewhere, easiest way to find it is to fit an electric lift pump near the fuel tank to pressurise your fuel lines

·
Registered
nissan
132 Posts
Yep i will go with the above as well.
I had a similar problem with my ute & fitted
a Facet electric pump in the fuel line & found
fairly quickly i had small cracks in my fuel hoses.
The Facet pump runs at a gentle 6-8 PSI & also has
the advantages in my Comp ute when i get it into some weird
angles i do not get any lean out

·
Registered
98 Posts
thing is my safari looses all grunt after 2500 anyway, i just don't get any smoke like you, so i'm not sure why your reving that high. mines totaly factory and nothing wrong too. the white smoke is the worry, i know its a turbo burning oil. i been there. i hope for you you've just got to much boost and its as simple as that. theres a little pipe between the the turbo and waste gate that could have split. check that.

nissan patrol y60
433 Posts
id check the conical strainer under the banjo bolt on the fuel feed line of injector pump ive had a lot of these blowing white smoke and customers thinking they had blown motor or turb.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
judging by you profile pic I'm going to take a punt and say you may have been thru some deep water recently, my mate's Gu started to pop and play up blowing blue and white, and black smoke, after we were talking about it and eliminating things it could have been we found that when he had been sitting in some dep dirty water (stuck) the fuel cap on the rear tankdidn't have a real good seal at all , and let small amount of water in the tank

it's fine now after running it nearly dry of diesle and replacing fuel filters ets, it is now a happy camper and has gas injection fitted and still as strong as it every was

so if you even think you may have had a similar situation check for crap in your fuel tanks ;)

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
take the truck out into the paddock and shot it between the eyes cause it stuffed.
new turbo possibly new motor.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol
51 Posts
had a simular problem with mine after a trip through Lakefield National Park, on the way home couldnt get it to rev past 2800rpm. Boost gauge would drop to nothing, not very smokey but no power. Turned out to be a blocked air cleaner from the extremely dusty conditions! Just thought ide put it out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts