Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I got a bear TD42T motor a while ago and it’s now come time to replace the NA one. I got a new turbo on it but I am just not %100 sure where they get the oil feed from for the turbo in the TD42T block. As you can see on the pic thats where I think it feeds and returns to but can someone please confirm that for me. If that is the case does anyone know what size the feed is and where i might able to get something like that. Nissan is off the option list as the return fitting was $75 and has to come from Japan!

Thanks
Luke

·
Registered
782 Posts
At the moment, I'm guessing that that is a TD42 rather than a TD42T.
Are there plugs under your orange dots?

Those locations look a little off compared to the picture below, that I collected some time ago.
What you have as "TD42T Feed", may be cooling water supply.
I would say oil return is the boss below the one you have marked "TD42T Return".
Oil supply might be the boss in between the welch plugs at No.1 & 2 cylinders.
Water return goes to the lower thermostat housing via a banjo fitting.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
sweet ok then thanks mate

thats my old td42 block the td42t is at a mate place ready to go in i didn't think about taking any pic while i was there
so i was just guessing abit
Luke

·
Registered
782 Posts
Only some are water cooled - was it the earlier ones??

If you have a TD42T, it should be fairly obvious, as there will be holes without plugs won't there.

I think it may be the forward port that you have marked. The rear is the flusging drain point, that NA TD42s use for a water supply.

Also, i think supply is actually the ones at the rear of the engine, and return is at the thermostat housing, so the water flows up through the turbo.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Can you really return oil into the spot in above pic. Everywhere else is saying it has to go into the sump ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts