Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all
in the process of reputting back togeather a ht18 turbo onto an engine and half the bits and pieces are missing.
my main question is what happens with the oil return. is it run onto a screw in barb to the side of the block just above the sump or into the sump itself. as this is the main bit missing.
and also the boost compensator on top of the fuel pump. i can only assume the pipe goes into the intake somewhere as well as this is what lets it know when to lean off fuel and what not.
cheers for your help and if anyone has any pics would be great just so i can get a rock solid answer to make parts hunting a tad bit easier.
cheers.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
Boost compensator does go to manifold.

Dunno about a GU block but the Oil return (big pipe) should go into the sump with minimum restrictions and bends. it will be very low on the block if its in the block. It'll look about the same size as a heater hose.

·
Registered
nissan
11,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright well that answers one question.
and yes there is a block off bung on the side of the block approx 20mm or so and its almost right above the bottom of the block. i do know they normally go to the sump but if i can avoid having to pull it off and what not to weld in a bung il be all the happier.
and i think this bung is what i need and if so i can just get a screw in fitting and go for gold.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
With the DTS kits they dont remove the sump, they use some kind of glue to put the fitting in. never heard of one leaking. I found this out AFTER I had my sump off. It's an option if you get stuck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts