Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanting to know what sort of boost I can run through my td42ti standard turbo without any pump adjustment?
I have a boost controller and boost gauge ready to go in and want to wind the boost up as high as I safely can without any pump adjustment, until such time when I take the ute in and get it dyno tuned.... (Which is still a few weeks down the track)
The only modifications to the ute is 3" dump and 3" exhaust.
Cheers Damo.

·
Sydoforumsuperfan :)
nissan gu patrol
8,929 Posts
i would get the boost turned up only when you get it dynoed and tuned. 13-14psi

·
Registered
nissan gu
355 Posts
From what i have read with a HT18 you are just waisting your time after 14PSI.
Mine is set at 12Psi with 3-inch dump & exhaust, Cobra Head and HPD cooler and Dyno. Can still hit 700C pre turbo EGT's

·
Registered
nissan
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the advice guys, had a bit of a fiddle with it on the weekend, didn't notice much difference until around 11-12 psi but also didn't notice any Change after 15 like you said ....
Got it running around 13-14 at the moment and seems to be going well 👍

·
Registered
nissan
804 Posts
I used to runing 16 then got it re tuned and it was ment to run 19 but its running 22 psi and it hanmers. Dunno how much longer it will last tho

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
3,946 Posts
I used to runing 16 then got it re tuned and it was ment to run 19 but its running 22 psi and it hanmers. Dunno how much longer it will last tho
I know a few people that could comment on this one.

Most recent one, his was tuned at 19psi, I think it was about 3 months and the turbo was absolutely shagged.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,041 Posts
Hey guys, just wanting to know what sort of boost I can run through my td42ti standard turbo without any pump adjustment?
There is little point running extra boost without changing the pump settings. Once there is enough air going into the engine to burn all the fuel you don't gain much by forcing in more, unless of course you add extra fuel.

If you are taking it to somebody to have it tuned then i would be getting him to do the boost increases as well.

Cheers,

1 - 19 of 19 Posts