Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, anyone here got it?

We gonna have it, and im tryin to get me head around it..

I attempted to make an appointment with Telstra for when we move
to come and set up me home,
but they recon my area and my home is a "smart" home...

WTF?

apparently one of few, where the house is pre wired with fibre optic cabling,
and they don't need to send out a tech, they just hook it up remotely.

the tv cable is already there, the friggin wifi motherbox is in the hallway cupbard,
the phonelines are in...
all they gotta do is send me the foxtel box...

needless to say, I argued that theres no friggn way that they gonna get out of not sending a fkn tech out,
and we laughed... ive never heard of this sht...

so any of you got this Velocity smart home sht?
if so whats your experience, .... please...

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,587 Posts
All new house these days are built and pre wired for NBN. It's been happening for a few years now and a real pain when you have to wait up to 5 years to benefit from it!

Good luck mate! It's been doing our property management teams and tenants heads in for 3 years now!

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,587 Posts
Yep! Been settling IP's with it in Pakenham since 2010 Don't go laughing too hard! Telephone exchange in Berwick (which services Pakenham and Hallam) ran out of space an spare lines in 2010 too!

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that would make me wanna not buy a house in that area ! frrk !!

my place I found out has 4 lines going in, 2 active currently,
all with the same link or something or other..
the bloke on the phone was great, but spoke gobbledeedook when he tried his heart out to explain it to me .

·
Registered
nissan
105 Posts
It's quick LJ, like download a movie in a few minutes quick. No more waiting for youtube to load or pausing on the vinegar stroke on other tubes to unload. It's all there at your fingertips, so to speak.

Not sure that I'd bother with foxtel though, downloads are that quick you can watch what you want when you want.

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,587 Posts
No I do not! Why do you ask? I'm in the Investment Property game!

·
What Have I Done?
nissan
5,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No I do not! Why do you ask?

I thought I remeberred you talking rather knowledgably about solar once, I may have my wires crossed..??? dunno
I know you are very smart with electrical stuff.
Agl is booked in for solar on my place and I know they use contractors.
sorta hopin, you know... in some weird way, like co-incidence,
you'd be up on me roof ! LOL's

Edit: p/investment........mannn was I wrong, you are dumb afterall !! bahahahahahhahahaah ( jokin)

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,587 Posts
Hahaha....some people like me, others definately don't! Ah well what are you going to do! People don't like being given a reality check! I'm ok with that......

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,018 Posts
I don't have it.
We don't have sewerage either though... or mains gas...

Oh, that's just over 50km from Melbourne CBD too!

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,018 Posts
All new house these days are built and pre wired for NBN. It's been happening for a few years now and a real pain when you have to wait up to 5 years to benefit from it!

Good luck mate! It's been doing our property management teams and tenants heads in for 3 years now!
Despite a lack of other services, our exchange is ADSL2+ enabled.... but only on a limited number of ports and with Telstra. We were told the waiting list was a few years.

I love where I live, it's a beaut area but farrrrrrk me the services suck considering we're surrounded by Pakenham, Beacy and Berwick. (But better... we're on a hill :D )

only 50k's from Melb??
Yeah mate!
Well some places do have sewerage... the main shops and the first 5 houses on my street, but that's it!

It is a small town, but is surrounded by some huge suburbs, so I would have thought we would get some decent services.

·
Currently in PAD rehab
18,404 Posts
I live in suberban Adelaide and can't even get adsl1. Its a joke. I call Telstra and NBN but they have no plans to fix the pair gain in this suberb.

Meanwhile nearby suberbs are spoilt for choice.

Would be nice to have fibre!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts