Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anyone have a photo or a exploded view of this bracket behind the hyd tensioner that holds the upper bolt, on a crd though?
Im guessing this is a photo of a di as i dont think mine looks the same but cant see in there enuff to see what its part of or whats involved it replacing the bracket.
Reason i ask is mine sheared the bolt on friday and took me all weekend to drill and tap a new thread in there to get it working but id rather replace it as i dont trust it to last.

*Idea for someone to make a sticky thread of a zd30 exploded view. Or even just a decent photo of all sides of the motor out the car as a reference for people like me.
Do it...

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
48,274 Posts
As far as I'm aware they are basically the same. Have you looked at the info in the ZD30DI archives on Belt Tensioners, lots of info and pics and all relevant to yours, Post 11 Maintenance.

·
Registered
nissan
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea thats where i got that photo from, and nothing else in there to help me.
Anyone got a crd in there shed they can have a look at for me?

·
Registered
nissan
16 Posts
To replace the tensionor mount, you will have to replace the entire gear case. To do that the powersteering, vacuum pump, timing chain cover and chain, water pump will need to be removed. The rocker cover needs to be removed etc.

Is a big job if you want to go that way, not to mention the cost of a new gear case...

Here is a picture of the gear case.

Attachments

·
Registered
nissan
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow thats exactly what i was after. Thanks Ian123. Not exactly what i wanted to see though. That is incredibly more work than i was hoping for.

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Hey benny,

I recently replaced mine as the bush in the tensioner failed and snapped the bolt off in the cover and fkd it. So I know exactly how much of a big job that is.

·
Registered
Nissan Urvan / Caravan
227 Posts
Is there any preventative maintenance that can be done to reduce the risk of the problem occurring?

·
Registered
nissan
9 Posts
Hey man,

I found mine had seized in the tensioner. The bush ( the large one) personally at every service I will be checking mine moves freely,

·
Registered
Nissan
99 Posts
2012 CRD snapped off bottom bolt on tensioner bracket. The bolt is still in the thread.

The cover shown above - is that what's needs to be replaced to fix it? What kind of coin are we looking at for parts and labour? Engine in or out job?

Appreciate any feedback.

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,675 Posts
2012 CRD snapped off bottom bolt on tensioner bracket. The bolt is still in the thread.

The cover shown above - is that what's needs to be replaced to fix it? What kind of coin are we looking at for parts and labour? Engine in or out job?

Appreciate any feedback.
Is it the bolt on the tensioner or the one where it mounts to the engine.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,675 Posts
Remove the radiator shroud to gain easier assess. Remove tensioner and belt. If there is thread showing then put a pair of vice grips on it and remove. If its flush then use easy outs to remove bolt.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts