Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Member Formerly Known as Lusty Dusty
nissan
6,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Missus wants an early 90's Terrano.
I'm happy with her choice, supposed to be a solid little 4by.

Already thinkin' small lift, 31s, etc......lol.

Anyone know of a dedicated forum for Terrano owners please.

Cheers.......Lionel.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I've looked and haven't found any. There was one about pathfinders which are pretty much the same thing.
I have a 1991 TD27T automatic and I have posted a few comments and tips on here.

I doubt you'll get 31s on it. and if you did it would be too gutless.
I'm running 235/75R15 with more boost, exhaust and intake improvements and it struggles to tow a pioneer camper at 100. It does get 8.5 litres per 100km round town though!

Speedo and tacho pointers tend to warp with age and touch the dash. Pull them off and bake them in the oven at 80 degrees for a while and bend them backwards a bit and hold them until they cool. For the tacho turn the ignition on but dont start it. very gently place the pointer on and check it is pointing at zero then push it on with your finger. Speedo is harder. you have to put it on about 20km/hr below zero then lift it over the zero stopper. Need to keep redoing this and checking with a GPS until you get it right.

Lift is limited by the front suspension. mine is lifted 50mm and because of the wishbone angles it doesn't steer the best on lumpy roads. you cant lift them much at all.

Let me know if you want photos of my cold-air intake. the standard intake is very, very restrictive.

One more thing, the Nissan VH45 V8 does fit.....

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
And another thing: cooling system is marginal. try to get one with the extra radiator under the floor if you intend using it on days over 40 degrees.

·
Registered
832 Posts
never heard of an under floor radiator...
as with a td42, if the cooling system is ok, tune and fuelling have alot to do with it.

npora is a pathfinder forum, yanky one at that.
not much info on the diesel motor, as the yanks dont get it. but other model specific info is there.

good little vehicle, but steering does cause dramas when lifted & wheeled.

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
I saw the under floor radiator in the Nissan TD27-T engine manual with some note about Australia or hot climates. It's entirely possible they were never done in the real world. It doesn't strike me as a sensible place for a radiator in a 4wd.
I'll scan the pages if you want, for posterity and amusement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts