Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to say thanks for the last few years that people have helped me on this website. I am sorry to say that my lovely GQ dsl had a little mishap last week when a lovely person pulled out in front of me. Found out yesterday that they are going to write off the old girl.:-(

I am looking at buying a navara of some year (not sure yet) dual cab. Does anyone know of any good websites like this that are for navara's? I still have to buy the car so if you know anyone selling one in the gippsland melbourne area let me know.

Thanks

(ps. be careful of the MOE police as there is a member there who is lacking in judgement but thats another story.):angryfir:

·
Hello...is there anybody in there?
nissan
304 Posts
What he said !

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I want to get something smaller than the patrol now as costing too much to run a big patrol. Whats wrong with the navara? any problems to look for?

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
Navara's pull harder than any GU/GQ Patrol, but some I've heard being un-reliable just like the ZD30 Patrols.

Other than that, they're much more driver freindly with the power output, and they have a nice lenthy tray at the back.

Good luck,

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,364 Posts
ive heard navaras chew about 14 letres per 100km, which is about on par with my old td42

·
Registered
338 Posts
Greetings Gents,
read somewhere recently of clutch issues when being used to pull loads, may be an issue if planning on towing.
Get a GQ/GU and save the worry :)
truck

·
KICKEN BACK IN THE BUSH
nissan gq
4,690 Posts
STX Navara i would consider
STR Navara,not a chance unless ya like driving a cramped up riding like a go cart sh*t box
When we had our GU we looked at a STR, after a drive we said to the salesman these are sh*t compared to the GU
Dont think it went down well

Go take a few for a drive,economy is great if thats your thing
Make sure what you get will do what you want it to

·
Premium Member
nissan patrol
267 Posts
Really, ill race any Navara anyday!
Trust me they are quick little suckers, my 2000 gu coil cab had the simalr turbo as yours, modded pump, big front mount, 24psi and my new d40 which engine wise is stock but running 33's is still quicker

As for towing thats a different story, when i bought my new gu a month or so back and towed it home with the navara, it struggled, 3t TOWING MY FAT ASS, it was a slow trip, the gu pulled like a freight train with weight on it

I should've wrote "any STOCK GU/GQ" :p.
Stock before i put the bigger wheels and lift on mine it would eat my gu easily

ive heard navaras chew about 14 letres per 100km, which is about on par with my old td42
i constantly get around 10-10.5 with 33's, standard i was getting around 8 l/phk

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts
Don', I REPEAT....... DON'T get a manual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The missus's work one (D40? the newer shape one anyway) has done 3 clutches in as many years!!! The autos are BY FAR the best option. ESPECIALLY if towing. She's been stuck out at Wivanhoe or Somerset twice now! Hasn't recieved help until after dark - a couple of chicks broken down in the bush at night... safe? Thanks Nissan!

However - they've now gone to Ford Rangers... dunno if that's a good idea though...

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan
338 Posts
Don', I REPEAT....... DON'T get a manual!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The missus's work one (D40? the newer shape one anyway) has done 3 clutches in as many years!!! The autos are BY FAR the best option. ESPECIALLY if towing. She's been stuck out at Wivanhoe or Somerset twice now! Hasn't recieved help until after dark - a couple of chicks broken down in the bush at night... safe? Thanks Nissan!

However - they've now gone to Ford Rangers... dunno if that's a good idea though...
Depends on how you drive. I use to ride my clutch a lot and I didn't even know, I only found out on a Patrolforum meet a long time ago. That day I burnt my clutch.... the 2nd time :D.

It'll be sweeet a Navara with an aftermarket H/D Clutch, would grip hard.

·
Patrol 2.8 TD
nissan patrol
1,640 Posts
2004 Navara Manual

Fuel Urban (l/100km) 13.5
Fuel Extra Urban (l/100km) 9.5
Fuel Combined (l/100km) 11.0

1 - 20 of 34 Posts