Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this against my profile:

So what this is telling me is that for every "thanks" I've received, I've given one. This clearly means that I am perfectly in tune with karma and the universe in general. Whoops, General, with a capital G. Which is now managed by HeyHey, another fact that I am happy about :)

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,568 Posts
There you go Murray! They are even again! ;)

Reactions: motomuzz

·
Registered
nissan patrol
2,006 Posts
I better pull my finger out and start showing some gratitude!

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,990 Posts
Just checked mine... Seems a little skewed.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,795 Posts
I have been thanked 435 times and I have thanked others 59 times.

What do these stats tell me???

Even fcukwits can say something useful to someone at sometime, and that despite what my wife says being a grumpy old man does not mean you are completely thankless !!!

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
12,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Reactions: motomuzz

·
Glasshouse Bogan #2
nissan
1,137 Posts
I thought it was just a like button pretty much,

Eg: if someone posts something funny about poofs in Lycra I would thank them for it because it entertained me

·
Premium Member
nissan
5,279 Posts
This is an interesting topic which I have thought of a lot. In my occupation I get f#ck all thanks, which sucks as it revolves around helping people weather they know it or not. I do understand however as I am quite shy and find it hard to admit to someone that they have helped me in some way and say thank you face to face. On the forum however it is as easy as pushing a button to say thank you to someone for whatever reason. Every day when I sign in, the first thing I look at is how many thanks I might have gained as it makes me feel good in a different world. Let’s just say I have gained more thanks on the forum in a year than I have in my whole career x 10. I must admit it is frustrating when you solve some ones problem and they can’t even push the button, but that’s life. As we can see other’s stats on the forum I would be lying if I didn’t say it may say something about that person. Someone who has been thanked 100 times but has only thanked 10 must be very special and know everything or needs to pass on the joy of being thanked even if it’s just for a laugh. I can’t see how it will affect your street cred around here unless that’s how you want to be portrayed. If that’s the case, good luck to you.
Everyone likes a pat on the back. Call me soft but that I don’t give a sh#it about.

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,083 Posts

·
"Toxic Personality"
nissan
8,986 Posts
looks like its been flogged through bulldust in 45degree heat for 280,000km.
i doubt the motor is stuffed except if it wasnt serviced. or driven overheated with a blocked radiator. more likely a stuffed pump. add doesn't actually say. in any case, easy to fix.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts