Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

Premium Member
Nuffin now
Fine workmanship. That back left corner was done like that for a future project. 馃槈
Yeah, wait, what? 馃ぃ 馃ぃ

Foo

Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
Discussion Starter · #43 · (Edited)
Automotive parking light Vehicle Plant Tire Automotive tail & brake light

Wheel Tire Vehicle Land vehicle Car

Very happy with the ARB base rack!

was significantly cheaper than the rhino system, and is PROPERLY bolted through the roof. The rhino is pop riveted in place hence has a terrible dynamic off-road load rating.

it also sits much lower than the rhino or other systems I鈥檝e seen. Infact it鈥檚 so low that the rigid base of the rooftop antenna protrudes above the top surface by about 8mm. May be an issue with mounting fixed solar but time will tell.

It鈥檚 quieter than the rhino or frontrunner racks that I had on the patrol too

Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
$$$ ??? Did they install it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yep it was $1450 installed at my local ARB. Now bit of a back story to that price though.....

I initially paid something like $1720. Then I saw on a facebook group people saying they had theirs installed for $1450. I got quotes from 2 other ARBs not too far away which were $1450 also. I spoke to ARB head office and they told me there's actually a RRP pricelist on the website which includes parts + labour, that does have some minor changes based on postcode. I checked the price list and again it was $1450.

So then head office said that the ARB I went to was technically an ARB re-seller, not an official ARB store. Apparently the resellers can charge different prices.
Well I kicked up a stink about that because there is no way to tell it's an ARB re-seller, especially considering the bloody 40 ft sign out the front that say "ARB". And that they are listed as "ARB xyz-suburb", and the fact that they don't sell anything other than ARB gear!!! It is no different to any other ARB mega-store I've ever stepped into. Ridiculous.

I gave the store a fair go, spoke to them and said that they must have "accidentally" charged me more than the other two nearby ARB stores. They apologised and refunded me the difference...
At $1450 I'm happy with the price, especially considering the roof lining needs to be dropped so they can properly bolt the backbone rails on. As I said, rhino is just pop-riveted from the outside only.

Moral of the story is double check the price list on the ARB website first. Other than that, I was happy with the service and very happy with the product

Registered
GQ 1992 TD42 NA lwb
Yep it was $1450 installed at my local ARB. Now bit of a back story to that price though.....

I initially paid something like $1720. Then I saw on a facebook group people saying they had theirs installed for $1450. I got quotes from 2 other ARBs not too far away which were $1450 also. I spoke to ARB head office and they told me there's actually a RRP pricelist on the website which includes parts + labour, that does have some minor changes based on postcode. I checked the price list and again it was $1450.

So then head office said that the ARB I went to was technically an ARB re-seller, not an official ARB store. Apparently the resellers can charge different prices.
Well I kicked up a stink about that because there is no way to tell it's an ARB re-seller, especially considering the bloody 40 ft sign out the front that say "ARB". And that they are listed as "ARB xyz-suburb", and the fact that they don't sell anything other than ARB gear!!! It is no different to any other ARB mega-store I've ever stepped into. Ridiculous.

I gave the store a fair go, spoke to them and said that they must have "accidentally" charged me more than the other two nearby ARB stores. They apologised and refunded me the difference...
At $1450 I'm happy with the price, especially considering the roof lining needs to be dropped so they can properly bolt the backbone rails on. As I said, rhino is just pop-riveted from the outside only.

Moral of the story is double check the price list on the ARB website first. Other than that, I was happy with the service and very happy with the product
That would put me off dealing with them again 馃檮

Registered
2016 Y61 GUX Wagon

good tihng you had a go at them, my full length platform was around $1700 fitted.

despite having to buy into the dovetail ecosystem, the rack is fantastic.

FYI, KAON sell some Base Rack accessories, and Stedi have a Base Rack LED bar mount now.

Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
good tihng you had a go at them, my full length platform was around $1700 fitted.

despite having to buy into the dovetail ecosystem, the rack is fantastic.

FYI, KAON sell some Base Rack accessories, and Stedi have a Base Rack LED bar mount now.
Im not too worried about the dovetail system as I only plan to hold a couple things up there. I prefer to have a mostly empty roof rack day to day and on trips. It just comes in so handy at unexpected times. A few dovetail tie-down points will do me for now.

I'm eyeing the Kaon stealth flat fold maxtrax mounts. Problem is, I have Treds, and cant find any tred mount that works with the base rack if you want them going front-to-back which is my preference over side-to-side.
So that's getting close to $500 for a set of maxtrax and the mounting bits from kaon... The spending never ends hah

Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Got the dual battery setup done for now.
The Hardkorr battery box JUST fit after I flipped around two of the bolts on the fridge slide. Almost held down in place by friction alone.

Also I'm convinced there's no way to make the wiring of this Ctek charger look good. Oh well

Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior

Having the plywood floor means it was easy to screw down a couple of stainless tie downs for the battery box

Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Plant Automotive design

Also got some 4mm 7-core trailer wire. The factory wiring grommet had a little twist off aux wiring tab which fit the trailer wire and conduit perfectly. It's too hard to get some tape around it but it looks water tight to me
Automotive tire Wood Rim Tread Automotive wheel system

The blue wire is used for the trigger wire for the dcdc. I do have bigger plans for sorting out the start battery, but for now this is neat enough. Midi fuse holder is for the dcdc

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive battery Trunk

Next job was finally putting on the bash plates that have been in the garage for a while.
Comparo with the factory tin ones

Property Road surface Rectangle Wood Flooring

One of the reasons I went with the Piak bullbar was that it came with a 3mm front bashplate.
These custom off-road ones all bolted up well to the car and the front plate.
Doozy of a job doing solo. Holding the long plate up with one knee and my foot while trying to line the bolts up. Got it done. Very happy with it

Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle

41 - 50 of 50 Posts