Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeh thats 925 metric tonnes x 4 :eek:

So 3700 tonnes!! (see I calc'd it for ya lol) ;)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I dont see a winch blanket anywhere...

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,713 Posts
Yeah there are three of them. They are the white with blue ends and the automatically lay on the cables.;)

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
100 Posts
925t per hook block .. 1850t each boom ( pair ) .. total 3700t lift capacity .. each fall or line of rope good for 38.5t .. I love big heavy sh*t

·
Registered
nissan
11,121 Posts
well thats pretty cool. i enjoy big stuff and am hoping to be working on cool things similar to the acco superdozer in the months to come. the bigger the better imo

·
Registered
3,955 Posts
got photos somewhere if a 2500 ton crane used to put an offshore platform together. It was mounted to a barge, and if you disabled the slew it could lift 3500 tons.

the 2500ton lift was done with slings made of braids of 6 cables about 80mm thick. you did need a crane to put the slings on the hook.

under the deck was accommodation for 300 people. Not a nice place to live for 6 months.

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
the big lifts are my favourite gets the adreno rushin i reckon. although to be a rigger on this job would not be so fun even thought it was the operator in the crawlers fault he hit the free fall and was also set up too close
YouTube - Crane Accident - Australia (NSFW - contains bad language)

this took place up north qld west of mackay, the dragline boom ways about 400t i think or there abouts

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
got photos somewhere if a 2500 ton crane used to put an offshore platform together. It was mounted to a barge, and if you disabled the slew it could lift 3500 tons.

the 2500ton lift was done with slings made of braids of 6 cables about 80mm thick. you did need a crane to put the slings on the hook.

under the deck was accommodation for 300 people. Not a nice place to live for 6 months.
fark even doing 50ton lifts i use a franna crane to move the 32mm chains into place i aint draggin them suckers

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
100 Posts
fark even doing 50ton lifts i use a franna crane to move the 32mm chains into place i aint draggin them suckers
LOL for the past couple weeks we've been installing 6 x 145t flash tanks at Worsley Alumina .. dual lifting with 250t and 750t crawlers .. me and the other operator having a bit of a laugh at the riggers trying to lift the slings by hand .. each sling comes in around 1t, gave it a few minutes then said ummm boys,you best grab a Franna ... gotta love green horn riggers. :)

·
Weekend Warrior
Nissan patrol
10,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
nissan
400 Posts
The crane accident at Curragh, is hardly west of Mackay. Try 5km north of Blackwater, which is west of Rocky. I loaded a train there a couple of days ago.

·
Registered
nissan patrol gu
100 Posts
pretty sure they were using Lampsons Transi-Lift on that job .. the same machine was working at BP refinery on a shutdown couple years ago ... unkept and unmaintained like most heavy gear from Lampsons.

·
Registered
Nissan
179 Posts
Story getting about up these ways is the brake gave way on the winch.
yeah i was workin at german creek west of mackay when i heard about it, brakes didnt give way but apparently oldmate operator was inexperienced in the big gear amd bumped the free fall (which the older macines do have) tried to put the brake on which is when u see the explosion come out of the crawler (the drum blowing apart) aparantly part of the the brake went straight threw the block of the engine. watch the smaller cranes back near the dline tryin to slew out of the way and just getting crumbled haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts