Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Do you believe man is the major contributer to climate change?

• Yes

Votes: 33 44.0%
  • No

Votes: 42 56.0%

• Total voters
2561 - 2580 of 2630 Posts

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,174 Posts
If I remember correctly (might need to do a search) I think we reached it in the 80's somewhere, lol.
Don’t think Greta or her parents were alive then. 🙄🙄
6EE7792D-0D5F-4F05-AD0F-63ACC85FB9C2.jpeg

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,551 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
51 Posts
Warty, I admire your tenacity and ability to remain polite, however your beating your head against a wall of arrogance. The thread title says it all really and the arrogance only increases from there. Grown men no doubt with children/grandchildren of their own, attacking a 16 year old girl, whom I have no doubt history will show was correct.

The fire thread is along a similar vein, full of arrogance and ignorance.

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,380 Posts
Warty, I admire your tenacity and ability to remain polite, however your beating your head against a wall of arrogance. The thread title says it all really and the arrogance only increases from there. Grown men no doubt with children/grandchildren of their own, attacking a 16 year old girl, whom I have no doubt history will show was correct.

View attachment 514362
I cannot understand why this girl triggers the boomers so much?

Regardless of your ideology I think Greta will be remembered as a shouty sixteen year old. I dislike shouty people in general, it not does help their cause.

My ideology is my own business, just like my politics and religion. I think a four wheel drive forum is not the place and myself have been guilty of going down this avenue, but no more.

I think we should leave this crap for face book.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,551 Posts

View attachment 514362
And we speak so highly of you, nobody has personally attacked Warty, we have a bit of fun over it actually, I think Warty and I have a pretty good relationship actually, well I hold no grudges anyway.
BTW other individuals have been charged with arson over recent bush fires, remember 6% of fires are natural and this is official from a university study of 100 years of fires.
Climate has been changing since year dot, the amount of water that existed on the planet 4.5 billion years ago is the same amount we have on the planet today, where it falls as rain is constantly changing. There was a guy who surveyed AU across the nullabor over 100 years ago and he fixed a point that past it would be no good, the climate changed for a few years (surprise surprise) and people ventured further afield to set up homesteads over time these failed and our climate changed again.

I cannot understand why this girl triggers the boomers so much?

Regardless of your ideology I think Greta will be remembered as a shouty sixteen year old. I dislike shouty people in general, it not does help their cause.

My ideology is my own business, just like my politics and religion. I think a four wheel drive forum is not the place and myself have been guilty of going down this avenue, but no more.

I think we should leave this crap for face book.
I thought this way myself many years ago but this is what general discussion is all about and many like to be able to have a say, it's when people make it personal that it becomes a problem.

It's a bit like the old grenade, kettle wars of years ago, easy fix talk crap in technical expect a ban, but go for it in GD as long as the language is respectful.

·
Registered
nissan gq
1,380 Posts
And we speak so highly of you, nobody has personally attacked Warty, we have a bit of fun over it actually, I think Warty and I have a pretty good relationship actually, well I hold no grudges anyway.
BTW other individuals have been charged with arson over recent bush fires, remember 6% of fires are natural and this is official from a university study of 100 years of fires.
Climate has been changing since year dot, the amount of water that existed on the planet 4.5 billion years ago is the same amount we have on the planet today, where it falls as rain is constantly changing. There was a guy who surveyed AU across the nullabor over 100 years ago and he fixed a point that past it would be no good, the climate changed for a few years (surprise surprise) and people ventured further afield to set up homesteads over time these failed and our climate changed again.

I thought this way myself many years ago but this is what general discussion is all about and many like to be able to have a say, it's when people make it personal that it becomes a problem.

It's a bit like the old grenade, kettle wars of years ago, easy fix talk crap in technical expect a ban, but go for it in GD as long as the language is respectful.
Some of the language though is not respectful

Mealy mouthed, left tard idiot springs to mind. There are others and I do not expect admin to scrutinise every post but this thread is not respectful at times, as also shown by campbell63.

I mean this as constructive criticism. I come here (p4x4) to get away from the mainstream drivel.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,551 Posts
Some of the language though is not respectful

Mealy mouthed, left tard idiot springs to mind. There are others and I do not expect admin to scrutinise every post but this thread is not respectful at times, as also shown by campbell63.

I mean this as constructive criticism. I come here (p4x4) to get away from the mainstream drivel.
There are always 2 legitimate sides to any discussion, some expressed better than others.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,551 Posts
Might I remind members that there is, and always has been, a report function within the forum, this does get used, I have responded to several in the last few months. When a report is made the admin or mod that responds makes a judgement and acts on that judgement.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,551 Posts
Any reply would only be seen as arrogance and ignorance.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
21,357 Posts
You can't claim ignorance.....the science has been presented to you time and time again.
Till they change the modelling, time n time again.

Foo

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,551 Posts
Rofl you should be a politician.

Sorry that is an insult.

Cyas.
You don't think being an Administrator here isn't a bit of a political balancing act :rolleyes:

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,551 Posts
Wow, November 2019! Surely all those Scientists, Professors and Educated people of note must be arrogant and ignorant!

I like this final observation:
Our advice to political leaders is that science should strive for a significantly better understanding of the climate system, while politics should focus on minimizing potential climate damage by prioritizing adaptation strategies based on proven and affordable technologies.

·
Registered
'00TD42T
11,577 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,551 Posts
Another good take from that article that no climate change doomsayer will read:

A global network of 700 scientists and professionals has prepared this urgent message. Climate science should be less political, while climate policies should be more scientific. Scientists should openly address uncertainties and exaggerations in their predictions of global warming, while politicians should dispassionately count the real costs as well as the imagined benefits of their policy measures.

2561 - 2580 of 2630 Posts