Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Do you believe man is the major contributer to climate change?

• Yes

Votes: 34 41.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 58.5%

• Total voters
2961 - 2980 of 3051 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,370 Posts
What alternative? That's easy - the one that our government has been ignoring for 6+ years, transition towards a zero emission economy. They have literally done nothing of substance. In fact, we have not only lost at least those six years, we've actually accelerated our emissions per capita.

The constant refrain from science deniers is that the cost of transition is too much, and the economy will be ruined. My point is that the cost of doing nothing is already well on its way to shading the cost of transition; a point made 11 years ago and wilfully ignored by the LNP.

Had we taken the initiative back when we first understood how critical it was to act, we'd be in a much better position now. And there's no excuse whatsoever - the science deniers cannot claim that they didn't know how this was going to go, because the evidence* clearly predicted it.

Get used to seeing increasingly destructive environmental impacts, because that's what the science deniers have bequeathed to the rest of us.

* Evidence - the opposite of Opinion

So as Australia is such as small and insignificant contributor to 'GLOBAL' warmimg, what is it specifically that we as a whole can do to stop or reverse 'GLOBAL' Warming?

Remember this is a GLOBAL problem.
What other countries do supposedly has an a effect on our climate.

THOUGHT??
We all agree that our climate is changing. Climate has been changing since the beginning of time.
What if the change is unstoppable regardless of human intervention.
Maybe it's just mother nature doing her thing and this is how it's going to be??

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,989 Posts
So as Australia is such as small and insignificant contributor to 'GLOBAL' warmimg, what is it specifically that we as a whole can do to stop or reverse 'GLOBAL' Warming?

Who says we're small and insignificant? We're far from that.

We are actually one of the biggest emitters of CO2 on a per-capita basis. We are, on an individual level, one of the worst polluting societies on the planet.

But the answer to what we can do is quite simple - we can actually lead the world forward, rather than continue down our current path of being the complete arseholes of the planet by relying on carbon credits to meet our obligations. We have the tech, in fact we are world leaders in many aspects of renewable energies.

Reversing the current situation will take a change of government, though. The LNP doesn't have the balls to do what has to be done. I have my doubts whether Labor can do it, but they're a damn sight closer to the mark - and literally anything will be better than the pig with lipstick that is currently in situ in Canberra.

Britain has just passed legislation that will outlaw the sale of petrol, diesel and hybrid cars from 2035. It was originally 2040, but projections show that if they wait until 2040 they won't meet their targets. There's an example of how this problem should be approached.

And what do we have? A political party who successfully swayed voters to keep them in power by actually saying that electric cars were going to ruin our weekends. As a voting society, we are basically a bunch of morons. Maybe we actually deserve what we're going to get, on a per capita basis.

THOUGHT??
We all agree that our climate is changing. Climate has been changing since the beginning of time.
Maybe it's just mother nature doing her thing and this is how it's going to be??
Science.
Research.
Evidence.

It's science, but it's not rocket science.

Yep the climate has changed before. How do we know that? Evidence. Why do we have that evidence? Science.

Here's the thing. The science deniers who point to previous climate change events to support their opinions are actually basing their argument on scientific evidence.

But they refuse to believe the scientific evidence - based on the same principles, theory and technology - that shows what is currently happening.

Now I don't know how other people see that, but I know what I see. I'll be polite, for now, and refrain from giving it an appropriate name. But it is pretty obvious that we have a bit of a mental disconnection going on.

It's all there, as clear as daylight, but some eyes just refuse to see it.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts

THOUGHT??
And this is exactly what the climate protagonists what to ignore and a topic that just gets buried deep below the heading of climate change. Maybe someone has posted a link to the study that has addressed this but what is the actual percentage comparison of natural inevitable climate change compared to "human impact" climate change. And even if you believe climate change is real but unstoppable because it is natural you are branded as a climate denier.

The reason the activists/protagonists are pushing so hard with the human climate change and why so many sheep are eating it up is because mankind cannot accept the possible thought of it's own mortality and need to desperately blame something and try to control it.

Fires is the latest thing they are clinging onto to make their case. The firies I was talking to the other day were saying that once a fire gets to a certain heat/energy size (can't remember the number) nothing man made will ever put it out. Yes we are responsible for the ferocity of these fires but not the way the activists are trying to portray, the bush didn't just spontaneously combust in the forest canopy.

The other thing I want to know is what are these miracle alternatives. If we ramp up our solar harvesting or air harvesting a million fold do we really have any idea what effect that could have on the planet in the longer term.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,370 Posts
Who says we're small and insignificant? We're far from that.

We are actually one of the biggest emitters of CO2 on a per-capita basis. We are, on an individual level, one of the worst polluting societies on the planet.

But the answer to what we can do is quite simple - we can actually lead the world forward, rather than continue down our current path of being the complete arseholes of the planet by relying on carbon credits to meet our obligations. We have the tech, in fact we are world leaders in many aspects of renewable energies.

Reversing the current situation will take a change of government, though. The LNP doesn't have the balls to do what has to be done. I have my doubts whether Labor can do it, but they're a damn sight closer to the mark - and literally anything will be better than the pig with lipstick that is currently in situ in Canberra.

Britain has just passed legislation that will outlaw the sale of petrol, diesel and hybrid cars from 2035. It was originally 2040, but projections show that if they wait until 2040 they won't meet their targets. There's an example of how this problem should be approached.

And what do we have? A political party who successfully swayed voters to keep them in power by actually saying that electric cars were going to ruin our weekends. As a voting society, we are basically a bunch of morons. Maybe we actually deserve what we're going to get, on a per capita basis.

Science.
Research.
Evidence.

It's science, but it's not rocket science.

Yep the climate has changed before. How do we know that? Evidence. Why do we have that evidence? Science.

Here's the thing. The science deniers who point to previous climate change events to support their opinions are actually basing their argument on scientific evidence.

But they refuse to believe the scientific evidence - based on the same principles, theory and technology - that shows what is currently happening.

Now I don't know how other people see that, but I know what I see. I'll be polite, for now, and refrain from giving it an appropriate name. But it is pretty obvious that we have a bit of a mental disconnection going on.

It's all there, as clear as daylight, but some eyes just refuse to see it.
1.1%??

Small and insignificant.
Remove Australia from the equation and nothing would change GLOBALLY. On the other hand, remove the rest of the world from the equation and we could happily go along as we were with a small and insignificant impact on GLOBAL climate.

Attachments

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,934 Posts
1.1%??

Small and insignificant.
Remove Australia from the equation and nothing would change GLOBALLY. On the other hand, remove the rest of the world from the equation and we could happily go along as we were with a small and insignificant impact on GLOBAL climate.
I'm sure fault will be found with that graph, earlier I posted a university study of fires over a 100 year period that found 6% of fires were natural in causation, of course that must be BS because they are all caused by climate change :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Is it true they are now considering Greta Thunderpuppet for a Nobel Prize. That's even better than Ash Barty for young Australian of the year. Way to devalue an award.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gu
125 Posts
So there has been climate change / global warming before, I don’t know when, but let’s say five thousand years ago.

I wonder what did the inhabitants of earth five thousand years ago do to cause the change then and what did they do to reverse it.

I’m sure they didn’t stop using fossil fuels, etc, etc.

Or was it cyclic and it corrected itself. Mmmmmmm makes one think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
That is still happening within our parliament on a fairly regular basis.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,934 Posts
To appease the gods, there were usually human sacrifices, not much has changed.
I'll put in a big LOLOLOLOLOLOL for that one.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,989 Posts
So there has been climate change / global warming before, I don’t know when, but let’s say five thousand years ago.
You don't know when? Guessing? Do you actually give a rats arse about this?

You don't have kids, right? If you did then perhaps you'd take this **** seriously.

Should I take you seriously?

I wonder what did the inhabitants of earth five thousand years ago do to cause the change then and what did they do to reverse it.
A lot of wondering going on here. I don't wonder, I educate myself. I don't find it difficult to acertain the facts.

Are you also wondering how your kids are going to cope with the disastrous climate that you are going to leave for them? Perhaps you should.

Get them to read this topic for a bit of perspective. They can see both sides here - the fingers in the ears side, and the informed and educated side.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,989 Posts
Is it true they are now considering Greta Thunderpuppet for a Nobel Prize. That's even better than Ash Barty for young Australian of the year. Way to devalue an award.
Not sure what you're saying there - it appears that you're devaluing the award to Ash Barty?

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gu
125 Posts
You don't know when? Guessing? Do you actually give a rats arse about this?

You don't have kids, right? If you did then perhaps you'd take this **** seriously.

Should I take you seriously?

A lot of wondering going on here. I don't wonder, I educate myself. I don't find it difficult to acertain the facts.

Are you also wondering how your kids are going to cope with the disastrous climate that you are going to leave for them? Perhaps you should.

Get them to read this topic for a bit of perspective. They can see both sides here - the fingers in the ears side, and the informed and educated side.
One minute you tell me I don’t have kids, then you ask me how my kids are going to cope.

A lot of wondering going on by a self educated person at your end my friend.

I love reading this forum topic every morning. It makes me smile and gives me a good start to the day.

Have a nice day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,308 Posts
Not sure what you're saying there - it appears that you're devaluing the award to Ash Barty?
That’s exactly what I’m saying. Ash Barty is a great tennis player and a nice person. Her award was for her tennis and that is about all the official award bio said she did. She gets paid millions to play tennis. How in hell does that make her more deserving than the other contenders who have done things on a volunteer basis or gave great humanitarian or medical contributions to the country.
Love her, great tennis role model but her award is for the profile of the award not a true award.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,989 Posts
That’s exactly what I’m saying. Ash Barty is a great tennis player and a nice person. Her award was for her tennis and that is about all the official award bio said she did. She gets paid millions to play tennis. How in hell does that make her more deserving than the other contenders who have done things on a volunteer basis or gave great humanitarian or medical contributions to the country.
Love her, great tennis role model but her award is for the profile of the award not a true award.
Well I sort of get that. But she is a terrific role model, and that's a big part of the award too.

Casey Stoner was Young Australian Of The Year, he was pretty well paid for his efforts on a Ducati MotoGP bike, but like Barty he got it because he showed that you can be the best in the world at what you do and still be a humble and decent person.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,934 Posts
Check out this Professors take on GW

Cheers,G.
Not sure what happened there, it's gone, maybe the greeny religion had it removed, but it has been posted before so I had seen it as I'm sure others had.

EDIT: Now it is back up, whooooooo, not sure what happened there, climate change moves in a mysterious manner.........

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,070 Posts
EDIT: Now it is back up, whooooooo, not sure what happened there, climate change moves in a mysterious manner.........
[/QUOTE]
A chance to start a good conspiracy theory.
I reckon Trump did it. 😉

2961 - 2980 of 3051 Posts