Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Do you believe man is the major contributer to climate change?

• Yes

Votes: 34 41.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 58.5%

• Total voters
3021 - 3040 of 3056 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,006 Posts
I have no interest in Greta, but it's good that she's galvanised young people to think about the issue.

Ross Garnout was commissioned to manage a report that would qualify the economic impact of climate change. No-one has ever suggested that he is a scientist.
Ah but his words on Climate Change are Gospel?????????????????
I am convinced that the climate change religion will become an excuse for terrorism in the not so distant future, simple minded people who follow blindly and believe every bit of climate change GOSSIP dished out by dodgy people are prone to this, just look around the world. A member recently said 'Follow the Money', how true. I saw an interview with a CSIRO scientist this morning, he said 1/3rd of CO2 emissions were from food production, maybe the climate change religious should just stop eating and do something positive to save our planet.
Overpopulation is the elephant in the room.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,989 Posts
Ah but his words on Climate Change are Gospel?????????????????
Do you think he did all of the work that resulted in the report in question? He oversaw a research group that did the work, he was merely the head of that group.

I am convinced that the climate change religion will become an excuse for terrorism in the not so distant future, simple minded people who follow blindly and believe every bit of climate change GOSSIP dished out by dodgy people are prone to this, just look around the world. A member recently said 'Follow the Money', how true. I saw an interview with a CSIRO scientist this morning, he said 1/3rd of CO2 emissions were from food production, maybe the climate change religious should just stop eating and do something positive to save our planet.
Overpopulation is the elephant in the room.
It's quite obvious that overpopulation is a big part of the problem.

But yep, if everyone who understood that climate change is real stopped eating and died, no more problem. I can't believe that no-one else has thought of that solution! ;)

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,989 Posts
On a more serious note - yes, climate change will lead to terrorism eventually, because water scarcity is going to become the biggest problem caused by climate change.

It all could have been avoided if it had been taken seriously when first identified. But here we are.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Water problems are far more influenced by overpopulation and ignorance by city dwellers who think water restrictions are about only washing their car once a week and only watering their lawn every second day. Let some of them live with a rainwater tank and watch their mother cry and beg their father not to go and measure how much is left in the tank for fear of the unknown back in the days before you could afford or even ring up the local tanker driver for a new load, let alone be able to run the tap 24/7. And that was way before the climate was even remotely changing.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
I have no interest in Greta, but it's good that she's galvanised young people to think about the issue.
Just like that first Lemming all those years ago when he thought the answer to climate change was just over that cliff and convinced everyone to follow him. (yes I know that is a myth, it's a symbolism)

How it can be good to be galvanised by someone who really has no real understanding of what they are spruking is beyond me. Historically the world is littered with the aftermath of galvanising people, just ask the jews.

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
On a sort of side serious note, I'd like to know how we have any idea at this stage of what impact or otherwise these new energy sources might have on our planet in another 100 years time like we are supposedly debating now.
I believe the turbine blades of those cool wind turbines have a limited lifespan and at this stage are completely un-recyclable. Solar seems cool too, free and safe generation of electricity and all. But do we have any idea what putting millions of them on the face of the planet might do to the balance of the universe etc.

Like really do we actually have any idea. I read a study the other day with clinical trials on air flow and turbines and they estimate that if our (world wide) saturation of wind turbines exceeds 10,000/1,000,000ha which could happen as soon as 2090 that the rotation of the earth could be skewed by as much as 35 degrees off axis by the gyroscopic action and change in the trade winds and this will most likely move the poles to the Equator and mean the death of most of the European nations and Africans.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,469 Posts
On a sort of side serious note, I'd like to know how we have any idea at this stage of what impact or otherwise these new energy sources might have on our planet in another 100 years time like we are supposedly debating now.
I believe the turbine blades of those cool wind turbines have a limited lifespan and at this stage are completely un-recyclable. Solar seems cool too, free and safe generation of electricity and all. But do we have any idea what putting millions of them on the face of the planet might do to the balance of the universe etc.

Like really do we actually have any idea. I read a study the other day with clinical trials on air flow and turbines and they estimate that if our (world wide) saturation of wind turbines exceeds 10,000/1,000,000ha which could happen as soon as 2090 that the rotation of the earth could be skewed by as much as 35 degrees off axis by the gyroscopic action and change in the trade winds and this will most likely move the poles to the Equator and mean the death of most of the European nations and Africans.
As feed in tariffs are reduced domestic customers are upgrading their roof top PV generation. Waste products from roof top solar are already becoming an issue in Australia. This is no mandate to recycle used panels so land fill it is. I believe there is one recycling facility in Melbourne.

The WA grid is suffering with unwanted solar generation. The tech is not quite there yet to control these thousand of roof top PV generators. The IOT could change this in the future.

As for wind skewing the axis of the earth? This should not be a problem as everybody knows the earth is flat.

Edit : I have some what dumbed this down for the rednecks and conservatives.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,448 Posts

No one knows what will happen, no one models it, probably because it would be bad for the climate change business.

I have no doubt that we are causing damage to our eco systems, world wide.

But what is the cause is the question that needs to be answered.

So far we have the leading proponent being Squalo and his followers, i.e. emissions.

Coming second is GU2 and the deniers, and based on the assertions of the screaming left that the science is "settled" while conveniently ignoring several facts I can understand why they deny, and that it is all just naturally cyclic as seen throughout the history of the earth. (or what ever the individuals theorem is)

A long way off is my ilk, the climate is changing, we are the cause, but cutting emissions, to the detriment of living standards, is not going to change a thing as there is a lot more to it than meets the eye. And that is based on the whole enchilada (something that the climate change warriors continually fail to do, and that includes the "sponsored" climate scientists).

They conveniently exclude many factors that effects the physics of the earth and this can bring to the climate cycle. Like the explosion of urban heat issues, water (usage, diversion etc etc), population explosion (which will increase current levers of atmosphere pollution no matter what the greenies do, and add even more urban heat), whole sale clearing of vast tracts of land throughout Aisa, South America etc, and on an on to where the 3 gorges dam (a renewable no less) changed the earths rotational speed, as in slowed it down, all of which effects climate. All this combines to generate heat, heat causes ice to melt, melting ice further slows rotational speed and so the spiral continues.

Anyway you want to slin that cat at the end of the day it is simply population caused

There are far to many of us to live in harmony with the earth. From first hand experience from all my travels is see giant cities look like scabs and decaying skin on the Earth when you look down on them from an jet, but that is accepted as normal by the Squalo's, to actually be embraced as far as the greenies go (lock up the bush to protect it, so everyone lives in a city) etc etc...

As Agent Smith said in the Matrix: "I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is?
A virus."

Perhaps the answer to it all is another virus, maybe called Coronavirus.

If it is, I think the first to go will be the inner city tree hugging climate change nutters due to the close confines of urban living.

Now wouldn't that be ironic ...

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,006 Posts
Kim, you seem to sell me short here.
"Coming second is GU2 and the deniers, and based on the assertions of the screaming left that the science is "settled" while conveniently ignoring several facts I can understand why they deny, and that it is all just naturally cyclic as seen throughout the history of the earth. (or what ever the individuals theorem is)"

I am not a climate change denier, I have said so many times, I know the climate is changing it is just the absolute causes and contributions I question.

·
nissan patrol
15,448 Posts
Kim, you seem to sell me short here.
"Coming second is GU2 and the deniers, and based on the assertions of the screaming left that the science is "settled" while conveniently ignoring several facts I can understand why they deny, and that it is all just naturally cyclic as seen throughout the history of the earth. (or what ever the individuals theorem is)"

I am not a climate change denier, I have said so many times, I know the climate is changing it is just the absolute causes and contributions I question.
Fair enough Ross, my bad.

I will lump you into my group then lol.

·
Registered
Nissan patrol gu
125 Posts
Climate change to become an excuse for terrorism

Now I have heard everything - some people on this earth have really gone MAD

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,989 Posts
Water problems are far more influenced by overpopulation and ignorance by city dwellers who think water restrictions are about only washing their car once a week and only watering their lawn every second day. Let some of them live with a rainwater tank and watch their mother cry and beg their father not to go and measure how much is left in the tank for fear of the unknown back in the days before you could afford or even ring up the local tanker driver for a new load, let alone be able to run the tap 24/7. And that was way before the climate was even remotely changing.
Wondering whether the water tank will run out is not even remotely close to the water problems I am referring to. There are millions of people who don't have the luxury of a personal water tank. You need to look beyond your own backyard at the bigger picture.

Yes, overpopulation is certainly a big part of the issue. Irrelevant though, it cannot be changed. The focus has to be on what can be changed.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,989 Posts

Complete and utter bullshit.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,316 Posts
Wondering whether the water tank will run out is not even remotely close to the water problems I am referring to. There are millions of people who don't have the luxury of a personal water tank. You need to look beyond your own backyard at the bigger picture.

Yes, overpopulation is certainly a big part of the issue. Irrelevant though, it cannot be changed. The focus has to be on what can be changed.
Well for a start, stop telling everyone that the Bradfield Scheme won't work. That is the biggest load of bullchit going! It's been done in the Middle East! :rolleyes:

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
22,316 Posts

·
Registered
4,324 Posts
Complete and utter bullshit.
So you’ve read all the long term tests they have done. Just like no one expected issues with fossil fuels or plastics back in the day. All I’m saying is we are blindly putting all this faith in these supposed solutions that are just as unproven long term and world wide as anything that has come before. Or do you and Greta just think let’s save the world now and the short term because in 100 years it’ll be a generations generation away so no guilt.

·
nissan patrol
15,448 Posts
Why, it's been stated before that they are "not" recyclable? :unsure:

Foo
Old turbine blades from the mid 90's were not recyclable as they were fibreglass.

Since then they are carbon fibre, which is recyclable.

The down side, it is extremely energy intensive to recycle them.

There is a less energy intensive way as well (but not by much). Called pyrolysis, which is a very common process. Breaks most things down in to carbon.

It's how they make carbon to go into carbon fibre in the first place.

But the downside to that is that we end up with more carbon than can be used (at this point in time)

·
Registered
4,324 Posts

Yes it is remotely close and you have completely missed or ignored the point I’m trying to make. Water is and has been a bigger issue for many parts of the world for decades before the tree hugging city folk got the guilts. That is something even many of us 1st world dwellers have experienced for decades yet the city folk (the population majority) happily ignore as long as they can have their nice green lawns.

Overpopulation can be addressed, albeit very slowly but mans inability to deal with mortality is a big part of the problem. Sure 3rd world we have a finance and education problem but in the 1st world what makes people think they have the right to live to 100 by taking all these wizzbang concoctions if they can afford. What makes every woman in the 1st world think it’s her right to have a child if she can’t conceive naturally. We have spent decades trying to stop people dying and coming up with ways to create as many new ones as we could with no thought of the consequences.

3021 - 3040 of 3056 Posts