Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

181 - 193 of 193 Posts

·
Registered
2,761 Posts
I bit of a dig.

Have any of the 4.8 guys been able to change the gear with the split pin?

Has anyone bought from this site? Can buy the whole assembly for $50.

https://partsouq.com/en/search/all?q=32702-33g16

I'm after a 15 tooth but they don't have any available so might just try the 16 tooth.
The website was out of stock so i found one on ebay for $90. Speedo is now showing 1-2km slow at 100km/hr which is fine by me. Takes 2 mins to swap and a very easy option for us 4.8 guys.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All

This will be of interest to anyone who has changed their tyres to non standard Diameter.

I changed my standard tyres to 275/70/17's and this caused the speedo to read under by 6%.

Marc
Old thread but I have a question - What did you do to determine the speedo was reading under by 6% and was this across all speeds tested?

·
Registered
Nissan
169 Posts
Isn't there som other way too make the speedo correct? I have 2-3 set of tires and if I have too change this gear every time I changes tires it will not bee done. Had been nice too have a unit inside the car you could adjust without changing these gears.

·
Registered
9,254 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
78 Posts
Speedo sorted

I fitted the marks 4wd speedo corrector and its spot on now. 4.8 auto with 35's and 4.3 ratios and the unit is set to 86.

·
Registered
nissan
18 Posts
Digging up and old thread, does anyone know how many teeth on a 07 manual zd crd? Or better off just pulling it out and looking?
Thanks
Nick

Sent from my SM-A505YN using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
44,339 Posts
Off hand I'd say better off just having a look, good old thread this one, that's why it is in the archives.

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,010 Posts
Like geeyoutoo says, pull it and have a look. The different tooth counts are different colors and it will depend if you have the 4.3 or 4.1 diff ratio.
Where are you? I have a few different ones from when I was playing around with my previous gu patrol. The new one takes the speed reading from the abs system so I dont need them anymore.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
2016 CRD wagon
1,010 Posts
2013 Model with VDC/ESC. Is this still relevant?
More than likely speedo is driven by abs sensor.
You can get under and see if the speed sensor is in the side of the transfer case (or not) to check

181 - 193 of 193 Posts