Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1113 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just re reading the how old are you poll, damn I felt old, so what about an Old B*******s club (OB), early retirement age is 55 so lets make that the entry level, anyone interested, #1 for me if you are.

Renamed The Cranky Old Bastards Club, as most of you are.................................. :rolleyes: :p

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
NP300
16,278 Posts
put me on the waiting list you old barstard, still a couple of years till I can join (birthday is not far away though, but as far as I am concerned till the day it self comes along its still a year away and I'm 53, not 54 lol).

·
NP300
16,278 Posts
Also, you will have to make Estcove the elder statesman of the club. Or just tell him to start his own club. The Seriously Old Barstards Club lol

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,171 Posts
I must then be No 2 then, as I've met the criteria. :D

Cheers

Ray

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,166 Posts
I'm 47 and retired, so what happens to me? ha ha

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
put me on the waiting list you old barstard, still a couple of years till I can join (birthday is not far away though, but as far as I am concerned till the day it self comes along its still a year away and I'm 53, not 54 lol).
We could have 2 categories the OB's and the OBIT's (old bastards in training) the latter may suit you and jackd. :):):)

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,166 Posts
Put me down as OBIT's (old bastards in training) No 1 then lol.

Reactions: brettoonline74

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
56,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Put me down as OBIT's (old bastards in training) No 1 then lol.
There could be a problem here as when you attain the status of a true OB you can't have #1 as its gone so maybe we need to keep the # lineage flowing in one direction only distinguishable by the OB/OBIT.

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,166 Posts
I see your way of thinking, very good point. OBIT #5 then lol

·
NP300
16,278 Posts
Even when I get to the stately OB age I will still be a YF (young f!_!ck) in my head, anyway I started counting backwards at 40
We are all 18 year old YF's in the head scrawni, the OB is just for the creaks and groans when we get out of bed in the morning. Your time will come lol....

·
Registered
nissan
21,671 Posts
Well...I'm only 70. Anyone older? I have to say I've seen a few old birds fall off the twig in my time. Shame to see them go, but what else is there to do when you are 'ted?

I plan to outdo my uncle Robert. He made it to 96 and smoked the whole time.
He also drank rum but was immune to it because he spent years in the Royal Navy and rum was a component of his blood.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Well...I'm only 70. Anyone older? I have to say I've seen a few old birds fall off the twig in my time. Shame to see them go, but what else is there to do when you are 'ted?

I plan to outdo my uncle Robert. He made it to 96 and smoked the whole time.
He also drank rum but was immune to it because he spent years in the Royal Navy and rum was a component of his blood.
Rum I can understand but how did he wean himself off Buggery and The Lash? :p

·
Registered
nissan patrol
153 Posts
Just re reading the how old are you poll, damn I felt old, so what about an Old B*******s club (OB), early retirement age is 55 so lets make that the entry level, anyone interested, #1 for me if you are.
Not sure if I qualify for the OB club! I was forced to retire 3 years ago when the Multinational I worked for sold the business. I am now 55 and just signed a 3 years contract to manage a power plant, starting Monday May 16!

1 - 20 of 1113 Posts