Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The old political thread has been removed due to numerous and recent name calling comments bordering on abuse, and in some cases being very close to ban type abuse. This subject (and at least one other) has always been touchy but we have usually managed to keep things on a civil level, this is disappearing. I was contacted recently and asked about removing certain threads due to bias, my answer was no, because this forum is bigger than that and caters for many subjects that can and should be discussed rationally and civilly, and indeed I'm not the only admin who supports this stance, @OldMav and I have discussed this in detail.

I don't get the 'bias' angle put to me and this has been discussed, again I'm not the only admin who doesn't get it. Having been around for some years I have seen the thread go through cycles but mainly stay respectful, we all have our opinions and we are free to hold those opinions and to express them in a manner that is acceptable under forum rules, indeed I'm a conservative in most respects but I respect others views and I don't get personal because that is not how an admin, or anyone else for that matter, should react. Our rules have recently undergone a bit of a hammering, that will stop. There will be one only domestic political thread, any others started will be deleted at the first opportunity, the Trump thread will be renamed and focus more on international politics, the climate change thread will remain but all of these will be closely monitored by admins and moderators, any abuse in any form will result in a ban no matter who it is.

Lastly, if you can't extract a laugh out of politics or climate change then we are doing something wrong.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
Let me kick it off with a current political cartoon.
D2756D18-B580-42BE-A6F2-A3798B5F02D2.jpeg

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,601 Posts
I posted this in the old thread.

I thought it was "humorous" that these mugs were for sale and at only $35.00 a steal. That popular they have sold out.

Then the childish bickering and name calling started. Good work closing it down.

I am still searching for Bill Shorten as PM merchandise. Labor thought it was a done thing, a bit like our Lib friends and their mug.

Who ever is in power and at all levels of governance should be held to account.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,999 Posts
I'm one of the problem childs, what can I say, I'm passionate about this stuff. I apologise and will try to be less of an arse with my contributions.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
I'm one of the problem childs, what can I say, I'm passionate about this stuff. I apologise and will try to be less of an arse with my contributions.
lol, I'm the same. We push buttons, and get ours pushed in return.

I will try, but I have never been good at biting my tongue so doubt I will be a member of the forum for much longer ;)

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The issue is not about passion, damn, I can tell you I have lots of passion for numerous things and subjects, my buttons have been pushed a hell of a lot of times over the years and especially in recent months. Had a conversation with another Admin recently about this and he, like me, in situations of this type will write a reply but not send, often get up go for a brief walk, think about what I've said and then edit to suit and post, that or similar should be how the 'instant passion' is controlled.
The consequences for us as mods and admins should be and will be no different to the consequences others must face. A member was banned recently for language and abuse, may come back but we will survive if they don't and that is how it works.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
There’s enough cartoons on facebook etc. can we leave this forum for discussion?
Says the person who has had 12 posts in 4 years. 🙄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry if I upset you, I’m not on Facebook so I don’t see them, I only post the cartoons from renown political cartoonists. Cartoons have been used as stimulus for discussion for quite some time. Even the ancient Romans and Greeks have mosaics depicting satire of their leaders.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,156 Posts
There’s enough cartoons on facebook etc. can we leave this forum for discussion?

Easy answer to that........................No. 🤣 🖕

Foo

·
Registered
Nissan
16 Posts
Easy answer to that........................No.

Foo
Gees mate, it was only a query/suggestion. Are you okay mentally, no need to get abusive. You might get kicked off.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
Doesn’t bring much to the table, but is funny.

In case you are having a rough day, here's a stress management technique that has been recommended in all the latest psychological journals. The funny thing is that it really does work and will make you smile:

1. Picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal clear stream.

2. Picture yourself with both your hands in the cool running water.

3. Birds are sweetly singing in the cool mountain air.

4. No one knows your secret place.

5. You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the World.

6. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

7. The water is so clear you can make out the face of the Greens Politician you are holding underwater.

See, it worked.

You're smiling

You feel better already.

Have a great day!!

·
Registered
Nissan
16 Posts
Doesn’t bring much to the table, but is funny.

In case you are having a rough day, here's a stress management technique that has been recommended in all the latest psychological journals. The funny thing is that it really does work and will make you smile:

1. Picture yourself lying on your belly on a warm rock that hangs out over a crystal clear stream.

2. Picture yourself with both your hands in the cool running water.

3. Birds are sweetly singing in the cool mountain air.

4. No one knows your secret place.

5. You are in total seclusion from that hectic place called the World.

6. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.

7. The water is so clear you can make out the face of the Greens Politician you are holding underwater.

See, it worked.

You're smiling

You feel better already.

Have a great day!!
The Greens don’t really number that many, at least not enough for most people to worry about. And they have very little, if any, sway. Better off worrying about other politicians I would say, if your worried about politicians or governments.

·
LED ZEPPELIN
1995 GQ TD42 NA
11,999 Posts
Labor economic stimulus package 2008 bad.

LNP economic stimulus package 2020 good.

What a bunch of lying self-serving hypocrites.

How do our conservatives feel about all of the "leaners" getting $750 when they themselves will get nothing? :LOL:

I'll be surprised if they get it right, they aren't much chop when it comes to managing the nation's finances.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
Crowds of 500 banned, thus no ANZAC marches. Good thing the day falls on a Saturday otherwise the public holiday could have been removed.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts