Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
I posted this in the old thread.

I thought it was "humorous" that these mugs were for sale and at only $35.00 a steal. That popular they have sold out.

Then the childish bickering and name calling started. Good work closing it down.

I am still searching for Bill Shorten as PM merchandise. Labor thought it was a done thing, a bit like our Lib friends and their mug.

Who ever is in power and at all levels of governance should be held to account.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
A sticker you can buy.......and a shirt

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
Ah! Don't you just love it when journalists who will have no responsibility for how our country exits this dark period start criticising and advising the Govt how to do it? Laura bloody Tingle being one of them. I posted somewhere else that Morrison will not come out of this a winner no matter what he does, criticism will always be the response of the press.
Morrison has picked up the ball which he dropped so badly with the bush fires. Even the SMH are lauding him.

His creation of the national cabinet was a major element in Australia,s successful defence of CV. The states are in control of schools, emergency services and hospitals. Some states pushed him on some issues (lockdown for one) and he accepted this and moved on. The creation of the national cabinet also prevented any of the LNP factions and unions having a soap box to stand on.

Morrisons only baggage is his loyatly to Trump. World leaders will not take Morrisson seriously about WHO reforms and an inquiry (into Chinas Covid 19 response) until he ditches Trump.

Reactions: Foo

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
It wasn't his ball to drop. State responsibility, but somehow it all landed in his lap. Numbskull media again....
State responsibility...............obviously.

I was refering to the leadership ball. I am glad he has found it.

Just needs to let go of Trumps apron strings.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
Disagree about the Trump 'loyalty' thing, yes I think this was a factor in the early days but now I believe it is just staying on side with our biggest defence partner to the best of our ability, this is something that cannot be ignored as like the rest of us he does not know the future, this is only known by select journalists, some from Ch2 (like Laura Tingle).
No doubt he is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Every one keeps banging on how we should be less reliant on China. Maybe we should be less reliant on America? We could start with our reserve fuel supplies.

And our defense forces.

Food for thought ?

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
I know who I would trust more as a defense partner, and it isn't China. Presidents come and go, our defense agreement outlives them.
I never said any thing about China being a defense partner? Why would I? Morrison will breath a sigh of relief if Trump loses the next election. So will a lot of other leaders.

Will still should be more self sufficient on all fronts.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
Nothing new about China and imports from Australia. Granted this time the context is vastly different.

That 2017 embargo last for five months for the NCMC. It took another two months to ramp back up. Our cattle are marketed at the neighboring NRLX.

There has been rumblings for years of the Australian Government pursuing new markets. China takes about 30% percent of our beef. India four percent. Indonesia two percent.

Definitely some scope there to allay our dependence on Chinese markets. The US, Brazil and India are our major competitors. The US have shown no quarter to Australia in the past when it comes to the beef industry, but why should they?

"The United States is a key competitor for Australia, shipping beef to over 130 different destinations, with a significant presence in Australia’s high value markets such as Japan and South Korea. South Korea is a major growth market for the US, with beef exports up 8% year on year. The US enjoy a tariff advantage over Australia when exporting to South Korea, with the 2020 tariff set to 16% (and a safeguard volume of 318,000) compared to Australia’s 21.3% (safeguard volume of 174,087 tonnes). Looking forward, US beef exports heading to Asia will likely increase with the new agricultural trade agreements with Japan and China opening further opportunities for US beef."

Reactions: grumpyone

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
Reactions: shakey55

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
And, need I remind you, Labor was in power 11 years ago, both federal and NSW, and we all know the backstabbing dysfunction that when on with that lot ...
Lol. That was my point exactly. No need for the history lesson. Our current mob have had good teachers and learnt well by the look of things.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
Yes I think I read more of the advocate than anything else.

The headlines write them selves thanks to our esteemed politico.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
I have no doubt he will have another crack, his ego will demand it.

Take Beaconsfield, was not there when it happened, nothing to do with the rescue and low and behold in he flies from the other side of the world to be the be the face of the miners rescue, simply because he was seeking the media attention to build his profile in the run up to the 2007 election. Hollow Man and smiling prime ministerial assassin...

Hollow man and smiling prime ministerial assassin .

He can't help himself. Kinda reminds me of Turnbull, and Abbott (only to a degree with Abbott though, at least he had the strength of his convictions).

Edit, was in a hurry getting the house ready for a home open today.

Last lines should have read;

Opportunistic hollow man and twice crowned smiling prime ministerial assassin .

He can't help himself. Kinda reminds me of Krudd, Turnbull, and Abbott (only to a degree with Abbott though, at least he had the strength of his convictions).

Albo needs to watch his back...
Labor has nothing.

Abbott had convictions but was not in control of the party room. He only defeated Turnbull by one vote to win the leadership. Presumably that vote was his own.

I would have liked to see Abbott go the full term. He was denied that.

The last leader to be in control of the Party room was Howard. He even had party room support for an ETS.

Morrison is starting to show promise. He may end up being the leader we (and his party) need. At first Morrison was Dutton dressed as lamb. Morrison (recently) is the reason Labor has nothing..........and letting BS of the leash is foolhardy.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
About time.....wasted talent as employment minister. Already has the hair style to suit.

Reactions: Leethal and Foo

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
hang on, I'm pretty sure that every union man will say employee poor training is the fault of the employer.

And given that the Vic Govt is Labor and thus full of ex union flunkies how can this be true?

Quote;
Poorly trained security guards who became overwhelmed by hysterical guests are being blamed for allowing COVID-19 to spread from hotels.
An independent inquiry into Victoria’s hotel quarantine system is expected to hear evidence this week that guests were begging, banging on walls and even attempting to bribe security guards to let them out for fresh air.
End.

Surely the buck stops with the employer, and there can be no blame leveled at any employee in the lefty paradise?

No offence meant to anyone in Victoria, the Vic situation is both distressing, and at the same time disappointing.

But it should come as no surprise to anyone with a passing interest in labour standards in the private security industry, or an understanding of governance issues in supply chains.

To put it plainly, the Victorian government used an industry with a long history of non-compliance with minimum standards for a critical public safety job.
Private security must be a labor thing.

Reactions: DB-101

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
View attachment 522503

You can't make this sh#t up.
It is sky news so a good chance it is made up.

Journalists (left or right leaning) and politicians "will do anything and everything to stifle all opposition or block any scrutiny of their actions".

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
No your confusing the left media who don't report on it.
Lol. Cannot get any more left than the ABC.

"spectacular backflip"

Need I go on? Edit maybe I will.

Reactions: rgren2

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
Ole mate Daryl Maguire has just admitted to taking bribes. He’s gooorn.
Just waiting for him to throw Gladys under the bus.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,903 Posts
If he does that we then know how low he really is.
He just like Gladys is having trouble with his recollection. Only been grilled for 90 minutes.

"I still can't recall that," Mr Maguire said.

Maguire: "I can't recall what reason. I just didn't."

When Mr Maguire stops says he doesn't recall, Mr Robertson pulls up a log from September, 2014 noting Mr Maguire was briefed on the code of conduct.

"Does that refresh your memory that you had a briefing about the Parliamentary code of conduct?" Mr Robertson asks him.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts