A greens senator, really high class. 馃檮
DDB59D8C-ABE1-423A-B5A2-3C991D9945C0.jpeg

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #22

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #23
Opinion. Below is an opinion piece by a guy named Ian Verrender. I have listened to various people and commentators decry the actions of our govt and the old phrase 'hindsight is a wonderful thing' comes to mind. I would like to see many of the whingers take on the responsibility that the Govt has had thrust upon it at relatively short notice where things have been changing daily, not weekly or monthly, but as we all know that won't happen, so criticism comes easily for some. The fine balance between lives and still having a functioning country when this is all over must weigh heavily on the minds of the Govt and its advisers, but not the minds of the hindsight criticisers.

This last quote from the article says it all.

"Politically, there are no winners from this gamble with death.

The leaders of Italy, Spain and America will be castigated for not heeding the warnings and allowing the unnecessary deaths of thousands of their countrymen.

If Mr Morrison succeeds in limiting the health fallout for Australians and we emerge with benign indifference, he most likely will be scolded for reckless overspending and saddling the nation with debt".

Registered
Nissan
Opinion. Below is an opinion piece by a guy named Ian Verrender. I have listened to various people and commentators decry the actions of our govt and the old phrase 'hindsight is a wonderful thing' comes to mind. I would like to see many of the whingers take on the responsibility that the Govt has had thrust upon it at relatively short notice where things have been changing daily, not weekly or monthly, but as we all know that won't happen, so criticism comes easily for some. The fine balance between lives and still having a functioning country when this is all over must weigh heavily on the minds of the Govt and its advisers, but not the minds of the hindsight criticisers.

This last quote from the article says it all.

"Politically, there are no winners from this gamble with death.

The leaders of Italy, Spain and America will be castigated for not heeding the warnings and allowing the unnecessary deaths of thousands of their countrymen.

If Mr Morrison succeeds in limiting the health fallout for Australians and we emerge with benign indifference, he most likely will be scolded for reckless overspending and saddling the nation with debt".

It鈥檚 very tough for who ever is in power.

I wonder whether they might have to change tact in some places and quarantine those over say 60 and those in high risk categories and let everyone else go about their normal business - at least to ensure the elders are safe and the youngsters can keep the economy going.

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #29
Years ago I had a lot of time for that man, in retrospect it was a huge mistake.

I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
Years ago I had a lot of time for that man, in retrospect it was a huge mistake.
Me too.
Wonder if his mum had the same opinion.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #31
Ah! Don't you just love it when journalists who will have no responsibility for how our country exits this dark period start criticising and advising the Govt how to do it? Laura bloody Tingle being one of them. I posted somewhere else that Morrison will not come out of this a winner no matter what he does, criticism will always be the response of the press.

Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
Yeah, ya not Robinson Crusoe there. I gave him far to much credit for intelligence in what he could do! Doh! :oops:

Foo

Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
Ah! Don't you just love it when journalists who will have no responsibility for how our country exits this dark period start criticising and advising the Govt how to do it? Laura bloody Tingle being one of them. I posted somewhere else that Morrison will not come out of this a winner no matter what he does, criticism will always be the response of the press.
Morrison has picked up the ball which he dropped so badly with the bush fires. Even the SMH are lauding him.

His creation of the national cabinet was a major element in Australia,s successful defence of CV. The states are in control of schools, emergency services and hospitals. Some states pushed him on some issues (lockdown for one) and he accepted this and moved on. The creation of the national cabinet also prevented any of the LNP factions and unions having a soap box to stand on.

Morrisons only baggage is his loyatly to Trump. World leaders will not take Morrisson seriously about WHO reforms and an inquiry (into Chinas Covid 19 response) until he ditches Trump.

Premium Member
nissan
Morrison has picked up the ball which he dropped so badly with the bush fires.......
It wasn't his ball to drop. State responsibility, but somehow it all landed in his lap. Numbskull media again....

Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
It wasn't his ball to drop. State responsibility, but somehow it all landed in his lap. Numbskull media again....
State responsibility...............obviously.

I was refering to the leadership ball. I am glad he has found it.

Just needs to let go of Trumps apron strings.

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #37
Morrison has picked up the ball which he dropped so badly with the bush fires. Even the SMH are lauding him.

His creation of the national cabinet was a major element in Australia,s successful defence of CV. The states are in control of schools, emergency services and hospitals. Some states pushed him on some issues (lockdown for one) and he accepted this and moved on. The creation of the national cabinet also prevented any of the LNP factions and unions having a soap box to stand on.

Morrisons only baggage is his loyatly to Trump. World leaders will not take Morrisson seriously about WHO reforms and an inquiry (into Chinas Covid 19 response) until he ditches Trump.
Disagree about the Trump 'loyalty' thing, yes I think this was a factor in the early days but now I believe it is just staying on side with our biggest defence partner to the best of our ability, this is something that cannot be ignored as like the rest of us he does not know the future, this is only known by select journalists, some from Ch2 (like Laura Tingle).

Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
Disagree about the Trump 'loyalty' thing, yes I think this was a factor in the early days but now I believe it is just staying on side with our biggest defence partner to the best of our ability, this is something that cannot be ignored as like the rest of us he does not know the future, this is only known by select journalists, some from Ch2 (like Laura Tingle).
No doubt he is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Every one keeps banging on how we should be less reliant on China. Maybe we should be less reliant on America? We could start with our reserve fuel supplies.

And our defense forces.

Food for thought ?

Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
Discussion Starter #39
I know who I would trust more as a defense partner, and it isn't China. Presidents come and go, our defense agreement outlives them.

Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
I know who I would trust more as a defense partner, and it isn't China. Presidents come and go, our defense agreement outlives them.
I never said any thing about China being a defense partner? Why would I? Morrison will breath a sigh of relief if Trump loses the next election. So will a lot of other leaders.

Will still should be more self sufficient on all fronts.

21 - 40 of 95 Posts