Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
561 - 568 of 568 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #561 ·
It's not the trade issue, that is very one sided, but the recognition of the problem that is the main point.

The more that stand up to China, much like Oz, the more difficult it will be for China to coerce others.
Spot on.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,837 Posts
We were having some NSW friends coming up here for new year, with all the confusion that has been rife about covid tests/who pays/hot spots my wife rang a poly to try and get some clarification, specifically on hot spots, it would appear that when the border opens all of NSW & VIC will be regarded as hot spots, based on that, anyone entering from both of those States would need to be tested, OK no actual cost but.

She was told communication is closed on the subject, so, plan change, we are going to NSW.

Fairdinkum plucka, let's move on, the rest of the country is.

Maybe this is more about overloaded hospitals and ramping, even though we don't have a pandemic here, YET. She has made her bed, now she must lay in it!
She is keeping Queenslanders safe :rolleyes:. We are living here with covid ok. Eight weeks ago we were in lockdown with no cases. Now we are open with cases floating around. The difference being (at this stage) the high vax rate.

As you no doubt know you will have to get tested before you return home. No one here (NSW) knows how that is going to be accomplished yet? Testing clinics are for those with symptoms only. So you may have to visit a GP to get a referral to a pathology clinic? Then wait for a negative result. Who knows what happens if it comes back positive.

We are trying to jump through the same hoops to have the mother in law here from QLD for Xmas. I will keep you updated when we know. Pluckachook is talking about a border bubble that might negate the need for test. Handy for us as we border onto QLD but no good if you travel further south. And as she stated pending what happens in Byron re the localised lockdown of a back packers.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
50,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #563 ·
She is keeping Queenslanders safe :rolleyes:. We are living here with covid ok. Eight weeks ago we were in lockdown with no cases. Now we are open with cases floating around. The difference being (at this stage) the high vax rate.

As you no doubt know you will have to get tested before you return home. No one here (NSW) knows how that is going to be accomplished yet? Testing clinics are for those with symptoms only. So you may have to visit a GP to get a referral to a pathology clinic? Then wait for a negative result. Who knows what happens if it comes back positive.

We are trying to jump through the same hoops to have the mother in law here from QLD for Xmas. I will keep you updated when we know. Pluckachook is talking about a border bubble that might negate the need for test. Handy for us as we border onto QLD but no good if you travel further south. And as she stated pending what happens in Byron re the localised lockdown of a back packers.

Ed Zackery, when she spoke of border bubble today and linking wifes convo with the poly and being told conversations and info are closed, makes one become concerned.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,813 Posts
Rats fleeing a sinking ship perhaps? lol

In the last 2 days, 5 Victorian labor MP's have either resigned or said they will not contest the next election.

That's strange??

I wonder what could be happening??

Election poll put DA in a landslide victory.
??? Yet MP's are resigning ???

Anybody know why??

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,895 Posts
In the last 2 days, 5 Victorian labor MP's have either resigned or said they will not contest the next election.

That's strange??

I wonder what could be happening??

Election poll put DA in a landslide victory.
??? Yet MP's are resigning ???

Anybody know why??
Blame it on Penny, I do.

Jaw Gesture Font Happy Handwriting

Reactions: Foo

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,715 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn