Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Normally he's full of BS, so I stopped taking any notice of him years ago and OMG, that tv show, lolol. The big issue with his suggestion that has come up more times than he's had breakfasts is the route and the aquasition of land, not sure it is as easy as he thinks.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
Normally he's full of BS, so I stopped taking any notice of him years ago and OMG, that tv show, lolol. The big issue with his suggestion that has come up more times than he's had breakfasts is the route and the aquasition of land, not sure it is as easy as he thinks.
Which is why it has never been done, but there is a need and there is the question of getting a project going that will employ the broadest range of people in a the most heavily populated area (Vic / NSW) at a time were a lot of jobs have simply disappeared and are not coming back ...

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Which is why it has never been done, but there is a need and there is the question of getting a project going that will employ the broadest range of people in a the most heavily populated area (Vic / NSW) at a time were a lot of jobs have simply disappeared and are not coming back ...
Agree, but the issue holding everything back over the years has been what I mentioned, this has been a talking point in the east for decades, I really can't see those issues being solved any time soon, they have sat in the too hard basket for successive federal and state governments for all those years.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,601 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
Isn’t it amazing how all the politicians can do their jobs without having to fly around the world for ‘important’ conferences. 🤔

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #68

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts
Hope they keep her.

·
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
After 11 years of dysfunction this is about all our politics deserve. Memes and cartoons.

The NSW and federal nats have just proven the dysfunction yet again.

You aint seen nothing yet, just wait till Albo wins an election (if he can), the left of that dysfunctional rabble can't wait.

·
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
After 11 years of dysfunction this is about all our politics deserve. Memes and cartoons.

And, need I remind you, Labor was in power 11 years ago, both federal and NSW, and we all know the backstabbing dysfunction that when on with that lot ...

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,601 Posts
And, need I remind you, Labor was in power 11 years ago, both federal and NSW, and we all know the backstabbing dysfunction that when on with that lot ...
Lol. That was my point exactly. No need for the history lesson. Our current mob have had good teachers and learnt well by the look of things.

·
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
Lol. That was my point exactly. No need for the history lesson. Our current mob have had good teachers and learnt well by the look of things.
The dysfunction with labor did not show it self till just under 10 years ago (24 June 2010), so there was no obvious connection with which to draw that conclusion.

·
Registered
Nissan
16 Posts
Why are we talking about labor? Who cares, they’re not in power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,238 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Why are we talking about labor? Who cares, they’re not in power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Probably because history has a habit of repeating itself and this is a political thread and they are the opposition who also play a part in governing by their actions.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
12,832 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,397 Posts
The dysfunction with labor did not show it self till just under 10 years ago (24 June 2010), so there was no obvious connection with which to draw that conclusion.

Yes the Libs were very good at not airing their dirty laundry.
But that all changed with Abbot, Turnbull, Dutton, Morrison ect.

All tarred with the same brush....
Ambition at any cost.

Turnbull once applied to be part of Labor.
He didn't care which party would take him there.
And, why would somebody who with his wife is worth North of half a billion feel the need to write a book about it....

That no-one will read?

·
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
Yes the Libs were very good at not airing their dirty laundry.
But that all changed with Abbot, Turnbull, Dutton, Morrison ect.

All tarred with the same brush....
Ambition at any cost.

Turnbull once applied to be part of Labor.
He didn't care which party would take him there.
And, why would somebody who with his wife is worth North of half a billion feel the need to write a book about it....

That no-one will read?
You missed the point of the post, as usual. It was pots calling kettles black and being unable to count...

Which was from Haggie.
Quote:

End.

Was pointing out that Labor was in power, both state and federal, 11 years ago and the only dysfunction apparent at that time was building resentment against Rudd that saw him roll soon after.

But it could not have been about labor as dullard did not roll krudd till 10 years ago (actually 9 1/2).

As for books.

Julia Gillard, in what isl doubtlessly a decision she rues today, decided to open up about her time as Krudds deputy, discussing the paralysis that gripped his government and her own valiant efforts to remedy things.

Wayne Swan has topped everyone and secured whatever awards exist for political spray of the century with an extraordinary, vitriol-laden outburst against his colleague, basically suggesting he shouldn’t be in the party and should never have been in it. Turns out Swan can communicate effectively when he feels like it.

The outpouring of contumely towards Rudd is so great you wonder how on earth anyone in Labor ever tolerated his presence for a moment, let alone allowed him to become leader. And what does it say about Julia Gillard’s judgement that this “dysfunctional”, “demeaning”, “undermining” man had ever been allowed to hold a senior cabinet position for so long?

Most remarkable, though, was Swan’s claim that “colleagues were sick of Kevin Rudd driving the vote down by sabotaging policy announcements and undermining our substantial economic successes”.

What fcuken successes???

And who read them, no one that's who, well maybe a couple of feministas read dullards.

As for why (turnbull), at last count there are about 180 autobiographical books written by full billionaires alone.

From My Life and Work by Henry Ford, through Losing My Virginity by Richard Branson (he has written several) and on to Bloomberg by Michael Bloomberg (aspiring politician).

If you want to get started on very rich pollies who have written books I doubt the server that holds Patrol 4X4's has enough memory to contain that list...

And if you can't figure out why they do write them then you really do have a problem.

·
nissan patrol
15,570 Posts
ya gotta laugh ...

“Coulda Seen This $60b Error From Space!” Says Man Who Didn’t See This $60b Error From Space.

The federal Opposition leader claimed on television earlier this week that someone would’ve been able to see this $60bn error the government made with their corona stimulus package from space.

The Advocate has been able to confirm this morning that Anthony Albanese failed to see this problem from Earth, which is much closer to the issue than space.

Mr Albanese ushered the emergency legislation through parliament in a rare, bi-partisan showing of solidarity in the face of great impending doom.

And so he should’ve done, sources tell our reporter. Because being seen to score cheap political points by ripping the legislation apart would’ve been disastrous for him.

But to claim that any Tom, Dick or Harry could’ve seen this error from space is laughable and Mr Albansese told our reporters this afternoon that it might’ve been a bit of hyperbole.

“You get the picture, I don’t need to piss in your plastic Tarocash suit pockets,” he said.

“But the problem isn’t where you could see the problem, it’s that if they’ve ****ed up this bad, what else have they ****ed up?”

“****! I should’ve said that. I mean, $60 billion is a **** load of Claude Monet. It’s $10bn more than that straight-haired sociopath Kevin had earmarked for the whole of the NBN!”

"Coulda Seen This $60b Error From Space!" Says Man Who Didn't See This $60b Error From Space

61 - 80 of 84 Posts