Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

81 - 100 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,701 Posts
Yes I think I read more of the advocate than anything else.

The headlines write them selves thanks to our esteemed politico.

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,618 Posts
As do I, you get good chuckle out of the stupidity of the games pollies (from both sides) play on behalf of, and directed at, the Australian public that the rusted on's for both sides lap up.

Which is why I also like the second rate hack.

·
nissan patrol
15,618 Posts
Don't worry about your economy Victoria, he can always borrow the money from his mates in China ... ;)

Victorians have been ordered to work from home and workers can even ring up and dob in their employers for making them go in.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews made the order this morning saying it applies to everyone who is already working from home. He says breaching this could lead to fines and there would be spot checks on businesses potentially breaking those rules.

·
nissan patrol
15,618 Posts
I think this is wrong, employers made the mistake, not the workers.

Or at least show due diligence that they tried to use JobKeeper correctly, I know of one case where it was the employer who scamming the payment.

Quote:
Employers could dock staff pay to claw back incorrect JobKeeper payments.

If a business is found to have incorrectly claimed the payment and is forced to repay, a Treasury spokesperson said employers could recover overpayments from employees.

"If an employer overpays an employee, then the employer may ask the employee to pay back the overpayment," the spokesperson said. "An employer might also seek to recover an overpayment by making deductions from an employee's future pay." This can be permitted under the Fair Work Act.

https://www.smh.com.au/money/tax/employers-could-dock-staff-pay-to-claw-back-incorrect-jobkeeper-payments-20200529-p54xwd.html

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,112 Posts
I think this is wrong, employers made the mistake, not the workers.

Or at least show due diligence that they tried to use JobKeeper correctly, I know of one case where it was the employer who scamming the payment.

Quote:
Employers could dock staff pay to claw back incorrect JobKeeper payments.

If a business is found to have incorrectly claimed the payment and is forced to repay, a Treasury spokesperson said employers could recover overpayments from employees.

"If an employer overpays an employee, then the employer may ask the employee to pay back the overpayment," the spokesperson said. "An employer might also seek to recover an overpayment by making deductions from an employee's future pay." This can be permitted under the Fair Work Act.

https://www.smh.com.au/money/tax/employers-could-dock-staff-pay-to-claw-back-incorrect-jobkeeper-payments-20200529-p54xwd.html
How is this different from a normal pay stuff up? I know my work will deduct any overpayment they detect from future pays.

·
nissan patrol
15,618 Posts
I tend to agree, you should not be penalised for their stuff up. But the legislation is there for employers to claw the money back under Fair Work. Want that to change accept that Fair Work needs to be reformed.

But I see scamming the system (JobKeeper) as more of a criminal act. JobKeeper is a completely different, not to mention unusual, issue and there is lot of good faith that needs to be applied.

Maybe it boils down to treasure and ATO not being able to claw any money back if they (employers) applied JobKeeper in good faith.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,112 Posts
But I see scamming the system (JobKeeper) as more of a criminal act. JobKeeper is a completely different, not to mention unusual, issue and there is lot of good faith that needs to be applied.
Totally. If someone has deliberately rorted Jobkeeper, take the money back and bust their legs with a sledgehammer. I've got no time for thieves.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
I thought Albanese was smarter than to send BS out in front of cameras to speak about anything! Obviously not.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,239 Posts
Billy is making a move, starting to ‘raise his profile’.

·
nissan patrol
15,618 Posts
I have no doubt he will have another crack, his ego will demand it.

Take Beaconsfield, was not there when it happened, nothing to do with the rescue and low and behold in he flies from the other side of the world to be the be the face of the miners rescue, simply because he was seeking the media attention to build his profile in the run up to the 2007 election. Hollow Man and smiling prime ministerial assassin...

Hollow man and smiling prime ministerial assassin .

He can't help himself. Kinda reminds me of Turnbull, and Abbott (only to a degree with Abbott though, at least he had the strength of his convictions).

Edit, was in a hurry getting the house ready for a home open today.

Last lines should have read;

Opportunistic hollow man and twice crowned smiling prime ministerial assassin .

He can't help himself. Kinda reminds me of Krudd, Turnbull, and Abbott (only to a degree with Abbott though, at least he had the strength of his convictions).

Albo needs to watch his back...

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,701 Posts
I have no doubt he will have another crack, his ego will demand it.

Take Beaconsfield, was not there when it happened, nothing to do with the rescue and low and behold in he flies from the other side of the world to be the be the face of the miners rescue, simply because he was seeking the media attention to build his profile in the run up to the 2007 election. Hollow Man and smiling prime ministerial assassin...

Hollow man and smiling prime ministerial assassin .

He can't help himself. Kinda reminds me of Turnbull, and Abbott (only to a degree with Abbott though, at least he had the strength of his convictions).

Edit, was in a hurry getting the house ready for a home open today.

Last lines should have read;

Opportunistic hollow man and twice crowned smiling prime ministerial assassin .

He can't help himself. Kinda reminds me of Krudd, Turnbull, and Abbott (only to a degree with Abbott though, at least he had the strength of his convictions).

Albo needs to watch his back...
Labor has nothing.

Abbott had convictions but was not in control of the party room. He only defeated Turnbull by one vote to win the leadership. Presumably that vote was his own.

I would have liked to see Abbott go the full term. He was denied that.

The last leader to be in control of the Party room was Howard. He even had party room support for an ETS.

Morrison is starting to show promise. He may end up being the leader we (and his party) need. At first Morrison was Dutton dressed as lamb. Morrison (recently) is the reason Labor has nothing..........and letting BS of the leash is foolhardy.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,239 Posts
Just waiting for Plebishut to show up.

·
nissan patrol
15,618 Posts
Man am I getting sick of China and their bullying BS.

Now that are directly threatening individual Australians.

Quote:
“But if China is forced to implement countermeasures, China would target the extremely anti-China Australian politicians and their related forces.”

Chinese newspaper demands PM ‘muzzle’ MPs critical of Beijing

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
45,814 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
China is now telling its privileged population to ignore AU as a travel destination due to racist activity, yes sure we have some morons who blame local Chinese people for covid, etc. but looking on the other side of China telling people to sty away and not buy AU goods, this could well be short term pain for long term gain, China may well need us more than we need them in the long game, ie, our iron ore is so much more pure than theirs or anyone elses, they are using ours to mix with theirs to get purity in their steel making, China has more ore reserves than us but their ore is about half the 'richness' of ours, so they mix ours with theirs to give it 'value'.
Mainland Chine! rack off and get a real life.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,112 Posts
China is now telling its privileged population to ignore AU as a travel destination due to racist activity, yes sure we have some morons who blame local Chinese people for covid, etc. but looking on the other side of China telling people to sty away and not buy AU goods, this could well be short term pain for long term gain, China may well need us more than we need them in the long game, ie, our iron ore is so much more pure than theirs or anyone elses, they are using ours to mix with theirs to get purity in their steel making, China has more ore reserves than us but their ore is about half the 'richness' of ours, so they mix ours with theirs to give it 'value'.
Mainland Chine! rack off and get a real life.
If you want to hurt the Chinese, ban the daigou from operating here. That would upset a lot of people.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,552 Posts
If you want to hurt the Chinese, ban the daigou from operating here. That would upset a lot of people.
I thought that I heard that was already done?

Foo

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,112 Posts
I thought that I heard that was already done?

Foo
If you did hear it, you heard wrong. The daigou shop (yes, there's a dedicated shop near me) is still going gangbusters. Doubtless there are plenty of independents still operating too.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,552 Posts
If you did hear it, you heard wrong. The daigou shop (yes, there's a dedicated shop near me) is still going gangbusters. Doubtless there are plenty of independents still operating too.
From what I heard, all aspects of it were to be made illegal. :unsure: Someone with more knowledge and know how should be able to search for it.

Foo

81 - 100 of 134 Posts