Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

121 - 134 of 134 Posts

·
The Googlest, Apparently!
nissan patrol
15,618 Posts
In WA the water rights come with a primary producing property. Most of the water allocation are only good for those properties (cattle / sheep stations etc) as it is not transportable.

The vast majority water that gets actually used is within the The Ord Irrigation Scheme (Lake Argyle) and that water is only good for that scheme. There are no pipe lines carrying it down to the populated south west.

On top of that, where these areas are mainly are is subjected to tropical rains so they get plenty of 'refill' capacity.

The other big user is the mines. Again, the vast majority are in the middle of nowhere.

So I would not be worried about WA, in the scope of foreign owners ship of water rights (entitlements), as none of the water use impacts major areas of population or fragile environmental areas.

I would be more worried about NSW / Vic...

Quote;
More than 1,800 gigalitres of foreign-held water entitlements are within the Murray-Darling Basin, which is 9.4 per cent of the total Murray-Darling Basin water entitlement on issue.

9.4%? Big deal?

Yes it is when it comes to the ongoing environmental damage that over use of the Murray-Darling system is causing.

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,112 Posts
In WA the water rights come with a primary producing property. Most of the water allocation are only good for those properties (cattle / sheep stations etc) as it is not transportable.

The vast majority water that gets actually used is within the The Ord Irrigation Scheme (Lake Argyle) and that water is only good for that scheme. There are no pipe lines carrying it down to the populated south west.

On top of that, where these areas are mainly are is subjected to tropical rains so they get plenty of 'refill' capacity.

The other big user is the mines. Again, the vast majority are in the middle of nowhere.

So I would not be worried about WA, in the scope of foreign owners ship of water rights (entitlements), as none of the water use impacts major areas of population or fragile environmental areas.

I would be more worried about NSW / Vic...

Quote;
More than 1,800 gigalitres of foreign-held water entitlements are within the Murray-Darling Basin, which is 9.4 per cent of the total Murray-Darling Basin water entitlement on issue.

9.4%? Big deal?

Yes it is when it comes to the ongoing environmental damage that over use of the Murray-Darling system is causing.
More of a worry is that the authorities have allowed water rights to be separated from the land title. There are several farms near my grandfather's that have been bought, stripped of the water rights and abandoned. And they've allowed speculators to buy water rights, rather than just end users.

End result = skyrocketing water prices for end users, which in turn affects consumers.

·
nissan patrol
15,618 Posts
As I say, more of a problem for NSW / Vic govts than WA (as queried by plumma).

Foreign ownership in WA is 961gl, NSW is 1300gl (I have no need to go into population or land size making NSW far worse that it looks at first glance)

Water rights are not portable for the most part here, mines are where they are, they can not be moved and the water allowances are mine specific. Stations get amalgamated in to large property portfolios, but are still within the same aquifer, they do not transfer to another aquifer, and the over all allowance is still the over all allowance from that particular aquifer.

And the rest of WA, well, you can drill for it and there is plenty of it out there, but you can't do anything with it due to there being a whole lot of nothing out there anyway.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,239 Posts
The Bish on ‘Who do you think you are‘, sbs tonight.
That has already caused discord in the house. Wife wants to watch. Don’t need to turn the heater on, plenty coming from me. 😡😡

Reactions: Foo

·
nissan patrol
15,618 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,426 Posts
Have to wonder if China paid him to write this.

Australian Government’s $270 billion defence boost is ‘money being pissed up the wall’

Corrupt ex pollies should be banned from making public comments, especially when those comments are a pro to the foreign country that was at the heart of their corruption...
Sam Dastyari should be tried for treason.

It's our democratic right to free speech that he is still allowed to voice an opinion.

It doesn't mean you have to,
(a) listen
(b)scroll the internet on a slow news day and copy and paste a link.

·
nissan patrol
15,618 Posts
Sam Dastyari should be tried for treason.

It's our democratic right to free speech that he is still allowed to voice an opinion.

It doesn't mean you have to,
(a) listen
(b)scroll the internet on a slow news day and copy and paste a link.
1. There is no freedom of speech laws in Australia. We do have some right to freedom of opinion and expression, but that is limited as well.

2. I do not 'scroll' the internet. It is on a major news media platform, you can't help but see it.

3. Your definition of a 'slow' news day is not mine. There is a hell of a lot going on in the world today, and has been on a daily basis for quite while (covid, china aggression, BLM, major issues happening in other countries that we should make ourselves aware of (unless you are content to being an uninformed numptie).

4. You also copy and post links.

5. I listen to everything (and judge its merits accordingly), only a fool would not.

6. You are under the mistaken assumption that I give a rats ass about 'your' opinion.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,426 Posts
1. There is no freedom of speech laws in Australia. We do have some right to freedom of opinion and expression, but that is limited as well.

2. I do not 'scroll' the internet. It is on a major news media platform, you can't help but see it.

3. Your definition of a 'slow' news day is not mine. There is a hell of a lot going on in the world today, and has been on a daily basis for quite while (covid, china aggression, BLM, major issues happening in other countries that we should make ourselves aware of (unless you are content to being an uninformed numptie).

4. You also copy and post links.

5. I listen to everything (and judge its merits accordingly), only a fool would not.

6. You are under the mistaken assumption that I give a rats ass about 'your' opinion.

Firstly I would like to say that I enjoy your input into this thread, although I may not agree with everything all the time but your knowledge on world politics surely surpasses mine.

But, and there is always a But.
Some of the sources you use,
IE- the second rate journalist,
And now Sam Dastyari do you a discredit.

My opinion only

Which isn't worth a rats ass.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
922 Posts
No input politically other than I disagree with that article. Why bother discussing or bringing something up on a forum if you dont give a rat's arse about another point of view?

lol

FWIW a missile shield sounds a whole lot nicer than a bunch of helis (that apparently cant be deployed) and tanks that dont like humidity.

·
nissan patrol
15,618 Posts
You are correct, your 'But' isn't worth a rats ass

As for sources, go back and read item 5.

But then again, sorting the wheat from the chaff is a problem for many, obviously ...

The link, as stated, was on a major news platform and while I have no interest in what dastyari says the fact that it is on a major new site means it is relevant, as a hell of a lot of people use it as their main (and sole) source of information.

Say what you like about the second rate hack, he is funny, he is topical and he is not one sided. And finding that in any media personality is a very hard thing to do. I post only his stuff that I find funny or relevant (a lot of his isn't and that is a fact). Unfortunately, you let your own bias get in the way of a balanced, or humorous, view.

Sadly, that is what too many people do, only read what they want to read and then only if it conforms to their opinion ...

·
nissan patrol
15,618 Posts
No input politically other than I disagree with that article. Why bother discussing or bringing something up on a forum if you dont give a rat's arse about another point of view?

lol
History sport. It goes back a long way with plumma and myself.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,426 Posts
You are correct, your 'But' isn't worth a rats ass

As for sources, go back and read item 5.

But then again, sorting the wheat from the chaff is a problem for many, obviously ...

The link, as stated, was on a major news platform and while I have no interest in what dastyari says the fact that it is on a major new site means it is relevant, as a hell of a lot of people use it as their main (and sole) source of information.

Say what you like about the second rate hack, he is funny, he is topical and he is not one sided. And finding that in any media personality is a very hard thing to do. I post only his stuff that I find funny or relevant (a lot of his isn't and that is a fact). Unfortunately, you let your own bias get in the way of a balanced, or humorous, view.

Sadly, that is what too many people do, only read what they want to read and then only if it conforms to their opinion ...
Re- item 5.
You are obviously more forgiving than I, or maybe it was a possibility that the treasonous, lying, manipulative, self confessed drug addict proved your point.
Either way, his words are not worth the paper it's printed on

Re- The major news platform.

Difficult to take any tv media seriously as the are all biased in some form. Non more than the ABC, and with the departure of Kerry O'Brien it doesn't warrant viewing.

AKA- rats ass opinion.

·
nissan patrol
15,618 Posts
Mate, I posted a link stating my opinion of an opinion of a disgraced former pollie’s opinion getting airtime, it is on a major news service in Australia today, and thus is topical, also, his face was on this mornings Today Show saying exactly the same as what is in the article I linked.

So, again, very topical as it is receiving media attention in Australia right now, and it shouldn’t be. He should not be on any media, though you seem to supported his right to be.

'Re- The major news platform'. Whether you get your news from news.com or somewhere else is irrelevant. It IS a major news service and people do take notice.

But, and there is always a but as you say, all you can do is attack the messenger for posting something that is relevant and topical TODAY, as I have no doubt the left using it to promote defence spending as a product of a warmongering right wing govt.

121 - 134 of 134 Posts