Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1609 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Cadel winning the TDF, wouldn't it be great for Mark to win in Germany, we need some good Patrol 4x4 channeling to give him that boost.

He has now taken more podium finishes than AJ did in his career but in a recent interview he said he would do a trade for a world title like AJ.

He won't win a world championship now but it would be great to see him come home in front in Germany.

Hard sloggers like these make you proud to be an Aussie!

·
Registered
nissan
21,635 Posts
Mark Webber has just bought a house in Noosa for 5 Million $. Maybe Cadel will be able to buy one too...endorsements will be huge. Also, look for an upsurge in bike sales.

·
Registered
nissan
11,211 Posts
I'd really like to seem mw get up tonight. The bloke has been kicking chit up hill all year with clear favoritism toward his teammate. Which I don't like myself.
And I don't think a championship of out of his grasp yet. Still ALOT of rounds left and if he starts winning with vettal having a dew shockers. There is a real chance.
I for one will be watching and cheering him on

·
Registered
nissan
4,454 Posts
I don't want to upset anyone but I don't think Webber has it in him.
You need to be good to be in a seat thats for sure but I think he will end up like David Coulthard, allways the bridesmaid never the bride.

Shame cos he comes across as a very nice and genuine guy.

·
Registered
nissan
11,211 Posts
I don't want to upset anyone but I don't think Webber has it in him.
You need to be good to be in a seat thats for sure but I think he will end up like David Coulthard, allways the bridesmaid never the bride.

Shame cos he comes across as a very nice and genuine guy.
I do somewhat agree and I believe his beat years were probably wasted and behind him now but is like to hope he still has it in him that's for sure

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Maybe Webber would have been more successful if he hadnt have married his nana........

He's had a very good level of support, in an excellent team with great cars and engines, but consistenly outclassed (by a fair margin) by his teammate.

Time to give it away.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe Webber would have been more successful if he hadnt have married his nana........

He's had a very good level of support, in an excellent team with great cars and engines, but consistenly outclassed (by a fair margin) by his teammate.

Time to give it away.
That's a little bit rich, Richo :). I raced sports sedans and touring cars for over 20 years and during that time I knew a couple of guy's who took the plunge and went to the UK to get into formula racing, man that's a tough gig for anyone but for an Aussie it's exceptionally tough, you can be the most talented driver in the world but if you don't have a backer or unlimited cash behind you it's almost impossible, AJ and Mark Webber did it. The list of others who tried and failed include for instance a number of V8 drivers.

Mark was with some bad teams and also with a couple of good teams during bad times, Red Bull was his first opportunity to show what he really had and lets not forget he was a part of making this team what it is today, that's why I wouldn't p*** on Christian Horner if he was on fire, Marks loyalties far and away exceed Horners.

It is fairly well recognised that a drivers best years are between the age of 30 and 35, this is when the head and the heart come together while the reflex's are still at 100%, Mark is 34 so he's at the end.

Vettel on the other hand, although extremely talented, has had a number of free rides due to his background (Aussies don't have much "Background" when they take the leap of faith).

Would love to see Mark get a championship but it won't happen now, Vettel has this team by the short and curlies and not too many other good teams will take on a 34 year old except in a back up role, which is what he is doing now.

He will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the best drivers to never win a championship, he has my total admiration for his dogged determination which set's him apart from some of the others.

·
Registered
nissan patrol
1,227 Posts
lol at Alonso catching a ride with Weber after running out of fuel and at Hamilton for jumping the barricade at the end of the race. Thought Weber could have had them after that brilliant first pit stop but not to be.

·
Registered
nissan
11,211 Posts
That's a little bit rich, Richo :). I raced sports sedans and touring cars for over 20 years and during that time I knew a couple of guy's who took the plunge and went to the UK to get into formula racing, man that's a tough gig for anyone but for an Aussie it's exceptionally tough, you can be the most talented driver in the world but if you don't have a backer or unlimited cash behind you it's almost impossible, AJ and Mark Webber did it. The list of others who tried and failed include for instance a number of V8 drivers.

Mark was with some bad teams and also with a couple of good teams during bad times, Red Bull was his first opportunity to show what he really had and lets not forget he was a part of making this team what it is today, that's why I wouldn't p*** on Christian Horner if he was on fire, Marks loyalties far and away exceed Horners.

It is fairly well recognised that a drivers best years are between the age of 30 and 35, this is when the head and the heart come together while the reflex's are still at 100%, Mark is 34 so he's at the end.

Vettel on the other hand, although extremely talented, has had a number of free rides due to his background (Aussies don't have much "Background" when they take the leap of faith).

Would love to see Mark get a championship but it won't happen now, Vettel has this team by the short and curlies and not too many other good teams will take on a 34 year old except in a back up role, which is what he is doing now.

He will undoubtedly go down in history as one of the best drivers to never win a championship, he has my total admiration for his dogged determination which set's him apart from some of the others.
dont think i could have put it better myself
he had another tough race tonight. finished 3rd but still beat his teammate so thats always a good thing i reckon.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
dont think i could have put it better myself
he had another tough race tonight. finished 3rd but still beat his teammate so thats always a good thing i reckon.
Thanks for that, I can't get the channel that has F1 here in the US so I missed it again. Mark is as good as that spoilt brat Vettel any day, pleased he is standing up for his principles after the s*** Horner has put him through.

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
nissan y61
4,788 Posts
It's always god to see the UK flag flying on German soil yet again. Well done Hamilton for pin point race won on the track and in the pits.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
The big difference between Mark and Sebastian is their size and weight. Mark is much bigger and heavier than Seb and that is a handicap, as it is only the empty cars that weigh the same.

I wonder what happened at the start - if he had got a decent start it might have been a different story. Ah well....

·
Registered
nissan
11,211 Posts
Yeah he bogged it down bad. Though I don't think he had the late race pace needed to keep up with fa ad lw. And it's true he is in the beat team but playing second fiddle to vettel. I think if there was a bit more equal team treatment webber would wipe that Germans butt.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
He also had a bad 2nd pistop, that did not help at all. Just think all 3 on podium could have been disqualified. Did they get a fuel sample from Alonso's car?

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Had to dig this out, I love Monaco best race of the year. Mark had a blinder on his last lap of Q3 and put up a pole time by a pretty good margin, Vettel is at #10 this time, but, Holy Mackerel Schooy (surprised the **** out of me) had an absolute blinder and knocked off Webbers time, damn the old bastard does still have something left. Unfortunately he won't be on pole due to an earlier indiscretion that will see him start further back, shame for him, good for Mark.
Go you good thing make us proud.

1 - 20 of 1609 Posts