Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1581 - 1600 of 1609 Posts

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,581 ·
Haven't watched a complete F1 race in years due to absurdity in design plus a few other things, looking forward to some close, professional racing today than we have seen in a long time (if some of these rich kid drivers can keep away from each other, lol). Was absolutely fascinated to see Alonso back in the game, good on him.

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,846 Posts
Haven't watched a complete F1 race in years due to absurdity in design plus a few other things, looking forward to some close, professional racing today than we have seen in a long time (if some of these rich kid drivers can keep away from each other, lol). Was absolutely fascinated to see Alonso back in the game, good on him.
It's a shame that drivers aren't given a spot, based on their talent, instead of how much they can bring to a Team! :rolleyes:

Foo

Reactions: geeyoutoo

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
53,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,584 ·
Not a bad race, had some good moments, about bloody time.

·
Premium Member
nissan
7,842 Posts
I think there are more positives than negatives with the DRS system but it now seems to have made the pendulum swing the other way making overtaking too easy. F1 is certainly better to watch because of it.

·
Rogue
D23 Navara ST-X | Waiting for my Ranger Raptor V6TT
20,560 Posts
Good race it was! Last time it ran there were competitors multiple laps down on the leader. This time around, only 5 cars ended up one lap down and half of them were due to driver error incidents. There was some solid racing, particularly amongst the mid-field. It would have been good to see fewer mechanical issues, but that is teething the new regs. It was definitely a team race this time. Other than those who DNF, there were really no more than 2 places and a few seconds between each team's cars.

Aston Martin had a shocker!

I'm surprised how well Zhou is doing. He's been pretty consistent thus far in all sessions and isn't too far off Bottas.

·
Rogue
20,560 Posts
I've only watched the highlights, but looked like there was enough action that it was a good race. Some silly mistakes made by Gasly and Schumacher.

·
Registered
nissan
5,807 Posts
Max wins in Spain with Perez 2nd. He’s now leading the championship ahead of Leclerc.
Russel driving the Merc better than Hamilton.

·
Registered
nissan
5,807 Posts
Perez wins Monaco, Sainz 2nd and Max in 3rd. Leclerc in 4th so Redbull and Ferrari in top 4. Russell got 5th.
Daniel was down in 14th while team mate Lando Norris got 6th. Rumours increasing about Daniel being dumped from Mclaren..

·
Rogue
20,560 Posts
I reckon Daniel is gone soon. If that is the case, it would be AWESOME if Piastri replaced him (then I can keep my McLaren merch haha)

And good to see the old yellow GU/Y61s still on track for another year

·
Registered
nissan
5,807 Posts
I reckon Daniel is gone soon. If that is the case, it would be AWESOME if Piastri replaced him (then I can keep my McLaren merch haha)

And good to see the old yellow GU/Y61s still on track for another year
There's some talk that it might be Gasly that gets the McLaren seat. Gasly was apparently in line to get into Red Bull but they've now signed Perez for another 2 years.

·
Rogue
20,560 Posts
Yeah Gasly deserves the seat more than Danny Ric unfortunately. I think Colten Herta from Indy is probably more likely than Gasly to get the seat. It has been discussed for ages. If Andretti can't get traction for a team this season, that's how I reckon it will play out. Danny might end up in Indy instead as a driver swap. Renault/Alpine have opened up Piastri's availability, so a quality new entry like that to be a 2nd driver to Norris is also probably better than having Gasly and Norris tossle for primary driver.

·
Registered
nissan
5,807 Posts
Both Ferraris DNF in Baku, Sainz loses brakes and Leclerc blows an engine. Red Bull 1 & 2 with the win for Max. The Mercs in 3 & 4 with Russell ahead of Hamilton.

·
Registered
nissan
5,807 Posts
Max wins in Canada from pole position. Good to see Alonso on the front row but only helped by very wet qualifying.
Sainz in 2nd, Hamilton then Russell 3rd & 4th.
Perez DNF with engine trouble.

·
Rogue
20,560 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
5,807 Posts
Rumours are circulating that Piastri/Webber had a proposed deal with Alpine that had a 1st August deadline and Alpine didn't meet that deadline so the talk is that Piastri will now get Dan's seat at Mclaren and Dan will be paid out with around $25 mio.

1581 - 1600 of 1609 Posts