Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Part of the furniture around here
nissan
19,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marrickville Council faces $4 million bill for Israel boycott | thetelegraph.com.au

...the Green Mayor of Marrickville's boycott of Israel will cost ratepayers almost $4 million

A council business paper to be tabled next week shows a hit list of a dozen international companies has been drawn up to either be banned from doing business with council or have their existing contracts cancelled.

They include Hewlett Packard, Chevrolet (Holden), Volvo, Unilever, Motorola ReadyMix and Fulton Hogan concrete companies, which the council claims either "support Israel's military occupation of Palestine or profit from it". A further 1800 companies would be banned from future dealings with the council, a list the council admits was downloaded from a pro-Palestinian website.

The council is even considering banning the dumping of waste in the local tip because the waste services of the Southern Regional Organisation of Councils is run by Veolia and SITA, which the council presumably also believes profits from what it describes as Israel's occupation of Palestine.
When will the madness end?

Cheers

Ray

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
This is just foolishness from a local council. Green ideology gone fruitloop in practice.

I didn't expect anything different.

Greens are toxic.

·
Registered
Nissan Patrol
1,610 Posts
Ide like to see what would happen IF they had control of the upper and lower house and see just where this country would sit. Would they run the country to the ground or would liek all things eventually equalise?

Its an interesting point. I mean they put their ideologies out there, that are so far left wing because they arn't in total power ... I wonder if their ideologies would soften if they had total say ....... either that or they would evict all humans out of AUS and put a bubble over it to save it for future generations that wont be able to enjoy it.

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Marrickville Council have been nothing but Loonies for the last 20 years... so was another one down that way a while back, Sutherland, Waverley or maybe it was Marrickville again... dunno can't remember now... they Councilors used to beat each other up inside the Council Chambers and have knife fights in the Car Park instead of drinks after meetings.

Anyhow, just shows how many Marrickvillians are of Palestinian ethnicity I spose

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
GUTourer said:
Ide like to see what would happen IF they had control of the upper and lower house and see just where this country would sit..
terrifying thought really.... sadly its only a matter of time before the scum run the show

·
Registered
nissan
539 Posts
I think it is at least refreshing to have politicians who are not in big business's back pocket. Politicians who are willing to stand up for what they believe to be right, and even if it costs some money, are able to say "this is the morally correct thing to do".

Israel has an appalling record on their treatment of Palestine. I don't know if a boycott is going to help solve the issue, but I applaud any effort to try.

(Ooops, I seem to have yet again broken the right wing party line of this forum! Sorry!)

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I think it is at least refreshing to have politicians who are not in big business's back pocket. Politicians who are willing to stand up for what they believe to be right, and even if it costs some money, are able to say "this is the morally correct thing to do".
as lovely and peace love and mungbeans as you think it is, this issue has nothin to do with local council nor should it.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts

Israel has an appalling record on their treatment of Palestine. I don't know if a boycott is going to help solve the issue, but I applaud any effort to try.

(Ooops, I seem to have yet again broken the right wing party line of this forum! Sorry!)
I think the Jewish treatment of the Arabs in Palestine is criminal and hypocritical. Historically they took their land away and "resettled" that ethnic race.

Sound a bit familiar. Seemed to happen in Europe in the 1930s and 1940s :rolleyes:

This should be handled by DFAT and not the people elected to sort out repairs for the local roads and rubbish collections.

·
Enemy of Reality
nissan 09 gu patrol
11,848 Posts

as lovely and peace love and mungbeans as you think it is, this issue has nothin to do with local council nor should it.
I think the Jewish treatment of the Arabs in Palestine is criminal and hypocritical. Historically they took their land away and "resettled" that ethnic race.

Sound a bit familiar. Seemed to happen in Europe in the 1930s and 1940s :rolleyes:

This should be handled by DFAT and not the people elected to sort out repairs for the local roads and rubbish collections.

3 wise men.

I hate the existence of israel, let alone the fact that they're a pack of hungry bastards!

But is does have NOTHING to do with local councils in Australia... Boycots never work. Didn't people try to boycott buying fuel from a major a while ago... And FAIL...

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
Israel: THe only truly democratic country in the middle east.

As far as Im concerned, those who stand against Israel stand with evil and need to be seriously fubar'd, rubbed all over with bacon and then publicly whipped

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Israel: THe only truly democratic country in the middle east.

As far as Im concerned, those who stand against Israel stand with evil and need to be seriously fubar'd, rubbed all over with bacon and then publicly whipped
Napalm is more efficient... and more spectacular as well, plus means more Bacon for me.

Can't be wasting good bacon on people who don't appreciate it

·
Registered
nissan
8,930 Posts
True, nothing like the smell of napalm roasting anti zionists in the mornin

·
Registered
nissan
539 Posts
Israel may well be a democracy, but that does not give it carte blanche to trample on other's human rights.

Perhaps if the western world did not keep funding the murder of Palestinian civilians and the forced settlement of their lands, we might have a leg to stand on when dealing with other middle eastern countries.

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
The israeli's have one of the best weapons industrys in the world with everything from the awsome Desert eagle hand gun ( my favourite!) up.
Not a race of people I'd want to be pi$$ing off!

Im with Glort

·
mechanical necromancer
1,682 Posts
I just don't get how a local council is allowed to do something like this, I know they can boycott specific business but doing so openly and publicly... Just more of a social and political divide that we get to live in, I think Ray's got it with "watermelons". Sooner or later it's going to be a bunch of Blundstone wearing militant lesbian communists running the country, wait.. ahhcrap

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Israel may well be a democracy, but that does not give it carte blanche to trample on other's human rights.

Perhaps if the western world did not keep funding the murder of Palestinian civilians and the forced settlement of their lands, we might have a leg to stand on when dealing with other middle eastern countries.
Not a big fan of Poms, Yanks or French either then I assume... OK neither am I, matter of fact I pretty much only like Aussies and have a soft spot for Kiwis, (got a quaint language the Kiwi's)

At least one small thing in favour of the Israeli's is that they are living on the land they usurped rather than just bombing **** out of the locals for political gain...

What would it be? 75%? 80%? or more of the world is currently settled by people who "took" it from the prev mob... the Israeli's just happen to be one of the last ones to do it after all the good bits were gone)

The middle East is a poo fight because the stupid pommies and french totally balls'd up the resettlement, transition and independance of the whole area after they had "smashed up" the locals for a couple of hundred years then decided, Ah bugger it, lets skulk off back home and leave 'em to it.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
I hope WA doesn't go the way things seem to have gone over east. I like my council and councillors pretty much apolitical when it comes to state, national and international issues. I like that they're primarily interested in local issues not pushing a party line.

The middle east won't be worked out until it's undeniably shown that the bible is just a bunch of stories written by a whole bunch of people over a very long period of time. A bit like neighbours x blue heelers x a country practice. Interesting reading, a good glimpse at the thoughts and feel of the time but really not much more than entertainment. Certainly not worth killing anybody over.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts