Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
227 Posts
... eventually

YouTube - Stock Nissan GU Patrol 2.8 - Lithgo rock climb - Clip 02

this has probably been up before but I only just stumbled accross it ...
10 points for perseverance.
why would it be up here before? Its not a very good video.... I got up first go in the wet last time I was there.... but I did take my tow ball off!!!

If that is Snake Racing maybe I should hit him up for sponsorship if they are putting their name to that.... at least I got their adj arms

ash

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
I thought it was good...

But why is it being sponsored by snake racing?

·
Registered
227 Posts
It was posted On YouTube by snakeracingdotcom that's why I mentioned it.

I don't know why you'd like it, it's a good educational video of what not to do. At the start he was going across the slope, I was waiting for the roll to tell you the truth. Also a perfect example of when you use the hand throttle.

I understand that everyone has different levels of experience and I'm sure people can critique my driving too but that video is a pretty good example of what not to do

Ash

·
Registered
405 Posts
it seems to be an instructional video on how not to do it; start with A. poor tyre selection, B. driving across a slope, C. incorrect approach angle, D. taking your foot off the accelerator at the exact point you should be applying a bit more, etc, etc....

·
Registered
338 Posts
Quite a nice video, it'd be good if it was that video and another video of it doing the same track with lift/tyres/power. Would be a good before and after video.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
His clutch would have had a severe pounding,

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
4.2 does. the 3.0s don't

·
Allergic to IFS
1,006 Posts
i reckon everyone should stop bein so hard on that guy, sure it took him ages, he stalled heaps and had poor driving tactics. But everyone has to start somewhere, my first time on rocks (many years ago) probably looked just a dumb. at least he's gettin out and not just using a real 4wd for shopping runs and dropping the kids off at soccer.

·
Enemy of Reality
11,874 Posts
and THAT is why the auto is better ;)

I wonder if one can be made up... specially seeings the CRDs are drive by wire. i.e. no accelerator cable.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i reckon everyone should stop bein so hard on that guy, sure it took him ages, he stalled heaps and had poor driving tactics. But everyone has to start somewhere, my first time on rocks (many years ago) probably looked just a dumb. at least he's gettin out and not just using a real 4wd for shopping runs and dropping the kids off at soccer.
Well said,

I honestly wouldn't have the guts of taken some of the obstacles he went through.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts