14,735 Posts
And draw less power..

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
So looking at that zombies win.
30240lm a pair against 19740 a pair..
And the colour would be better on ya eyes. ;)

Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
13,598 Posts
Reactions: Foo

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
10,764 Posts
Got 1 set but chasing something that will give more distance..looking at kings Domin8tor Extreme 9" but spotted the zombies today..Would love to see a comparison between the two..
For an LED driving light I find it hard to go passed Stedi. Aussie company that design their own lights, specs are good, as is quality.
The market is flooded with lights but I believe you get what you pay for. My Stedi light bar is so much better in build quality and light output than the generic ebay crap I had beforehand its not funny. My Hella spotties are bloody work of art, the build quality, light output and beam pattern is fantastic.

I have never heard of Zombie before, but kings are cheap, and they are cheap for a reason.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,771 Posts
For an LED driving light I find it hard to go passed Stedi. Aussie company that design their own lights, specs are good, as is quality.
The market is flooded with lights but I believe you get what you pay for. My Stedi light bar is so much better in build quality and light output than the generic ebay crap I had beforehand its not funny. My Hella spotties are bloody work of art, the build quality, light output and beam pattern is fantastic.

I have never heard of Zombie before, but kings are cheap, and they are cheap for a reason.
Have a Stedi light bar on the wifes car (Isuzu dmax). It is good.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,307 Posts

Have a Stedi on mine for a while now, bloody brilliant.

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
46,307 Posts
Nitto tyres are not made in Australia, I won't swear to it but it is possible the ARB lights are made in the US.

Snap, I have two. Pity I don’t drive at night anymore. 😖
Me three, very rare these days.

·
Premium Member
TD42 GQ
921 Posts
Another vote for Stedi. I have one of their light bars and it totally outperforms the Hella it replaced. The Stedi was cheaper than the Hella as well.
I'm pretty sure Stedi aren't made in Australia though!

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
23,897 Posts
Some more reading for ya.

Where are Stedi light bars made?
All right guys, follow up with STEDI topic, I got the reply from them about where the LED manufactured, and for your guys interests, the LEDs are manufactured in China. Well yeah that's a no brainer, all light bars except for rigid industries are Chinese.

Foo

·
Registered
nissan
1,134 Posts
had an issue installing my Stedi driving lamps, help from Stedi was fantastic they sent me a new signal loom for the cost of postage

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
9,404 Posts

This is an example of a lithium that I would be wary of.
I guess it comes down to what your going to do with it.
Lithium only work at certain temperatures too so don’t buy one and go to the snow as it might not work.
This one works between 10 and 45c and it’s discharge currents are a bit low.
You wouldn’t want to put a big inverter on it because the BMS will switch off 🥱

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti cab chassis
14,735 Posts
Thank men..Im gunna save pennies for Stedi's

·
Registered
09 ZD30 CRD Wagon
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

Lithium only work at certain temperatures too so don’t buy one and go to the snow as it might not work.

Yeah I’ve heard bad things about them.
What do you make of Renogy lithiums?

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
1,771 Posts
Thank men..Im gunna save pennies for Stedi's
You can order direct.

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
2,005 Posts

I watched a docco about Lithium batteries on Netflix a while back. I think it was called Search for the Super Battery or something like that. It made me completely paranoid about Li batteries and opened my eyes to what can happen when these things get pierced or penetrated by foreign objects.

I don't think I'll ever fit a Li battery under the bonnet in place of a lead-acid. I think there's a high risk that even a minor accident can cause a catastrophic fire.

m2cw.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
9,404 Posts
I watched a docco about Lithium batteries on Netflix a while back. I think it was called Search for the Super Battery or something like that. It made me completely paranoid about Li batteries and opened my eyes to what can happen when these things get pierced or penetrated by foreign objects.

I don't think I'll ever fit a Li battery under the bonnet in place of a lead-acid. I think there's a high risk that even a minor accident can cause a catastrophic fire.

m2cw.
Lifo4 is the safest of Lithium, I’ve seen the Police shoot 3 holes in one to prove its safety.
It’s the Lithium like we use in our phones that’s dangerous. I heard of a garbage truck catching fire after someone threw a lithium battery in the trash.
Depending on the BMS settings , some lithium batteries won’t work under the bonnet if the temp gets too high.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts