Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah, so who's been saying there's no water in the mighty murray?

[and that is ment to be a marina, there is solid pontoon's and a concrete warf in there somewhere]

if people are some what confused, ill draw in paint where the pontoons and concrete warf is, but only if i have to.

Attachments

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Great to see. Lets hope it stays that way...

its pissin down here in melbourne...

·
Gunner
nissan patrol
4,162 Posts
It is the same here in Canberra, has rained now for 5 days straight and doesn't look like lettting up. At least the dams will fill up.

·
Registered
Nissan
1,442 Posts
Yeah man were seeing the same further dow stream. We have a place on the river at Murray Bridge and our pontoon is accoutly floating now first time in years!!

Great news, More to come apparently.

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
Looks a lot like Berri to me ;) Most of my river work (surveying) has cooled off now. Regulators at Clayton and Narrung have been partly removed and areas around Chowilla, Lock 6 and 8 have been re-flooded. The silly ideas of pumping out the Coorong have gone quiet also,hopefully some life returns down there. Its good to see the area looking better again. I was working on a new stage of the Wellington Marina not to long ago and once finshed it had a whole 100mm of water in the channel. Should be looking good again now.

Hopefully the river still looks ok in 3 months time..

Anyone want to buy an aluminium punt on trailer powered by the mighty 4.0?

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
Lets not hope it stays that way, its completely flooded up this end, I wanna go camping!!

This was from the Melbourne Cup weekend

Echuca

Strathmerton. Water is up the most I have seen it in the last 15-20 years.

Hume Dam full

·
Part of the furniture
nissan
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks a lot like Berri to me..

Anyone want to buy an aluminium punt on trailer powered by the mighty 4.0?

yeah it is the Berri Marina...

got any pics of the punt?
i was like "NICEEE" , then i seen the '.' between the 4 and the 0 .. damnn.

·
Registered
902 Posts
You say its raining in Melbourne.
We had 60mm at our house yesterday in about 2.5 hours. Heavyest rain I've ever seen in Adelaide.

·
Registered
nissan
11,162 Posts
she is some weird weather all across oz at the moment
we are getting heaps of rain up here. but its at weird times. and just appears out of nowhere. like its fine and sunny then we will get like 15mm in 10 minutes haha.
gonna be a wet wet wet season id say

·
Rogue
nissan gu patrol
20,225 Posts
she is some weird weather all across oz at the moment
Your not wrong there, for us in Vic the weird thing is the direction its coming from, generally over the last few years I have been watching the weather, it has been coming from the bite across south east SA but now its coming from like Broome across the country and over or from Northern Qld and down. Thats why we are getting 30+ degree days and its still raining and being humid like Qld.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Its a classic El Nina weather pattern.

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
nissan
2,003 Posts
Give some of this water to perth :/ weve got none
X2

Lowest Rainfalls and driest seasons ever recorded since de white pella comin' for most parts over here.

The Dams only have dirt in 'em, the rocks are dying from dehydration and the last set of Muddies sold by a Tyre outlet was in August 2009.

It's making for some really dangerous bush fires ...

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
I'd like to see current photos of Thompson Dam

·
Autos are Superior
11,701 Posts
Truckster,

you can see the webcam of the Thompson anytime you like. It has a long way to go to be full.
Is it just me or does that look like it has not gone up 1mm since I last went there 2yrs ago?

·
Registered
nissan
101 Posts
got any pics of the punt?
i was like "NICEEE" , then i seen the '.' between the 4 and the 0 .. damnn.
Pic of the hotrod. $1200 and its gone. Boat and trailer rego'd till mid June 2011.

Feel free to pass it on to anyone you know who may be interested.

Attachments

·
BORDERTREK 4X4 & FABRICATION
8,549 Posts
Just an UPDATE:

its risen about another foot from here over night!
Tea Tea Crossing at the Coorong might be impassable for the first time in summer for years.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts