Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

The new project

10K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  toughnut 
#1 · (Edited)
I know I still haven't finished my patrol yet. It will be finishing but I have an opportunity for a pretty good bargain for the basis of my next project. Here is a hint. :victory:

See less See more
#5 ·
Probably. haha. Chassis comes already built. I'll only need to weld on engine mounts and tabs for different things like seats and radiator etc. Suspension mounts are already on the chassis and all the geometry is already sorted. So really not much different to building a patrol up. I already have most of the gear I need. I have a couple of motors and I also have the suspension. But this project won't start until the patrol is finished. The chassis was a really great price so I jumped in before the price goes up. Its less than 5k delivered to my door.

#8 ·
Aimed at the Ultra 4 style events starting up but yes it will also have a showing at other events like cliffhanger and the like. There are a few other guys building the same thing. There are still a few chassis' up for grabs at the same price.

#9 ·
Been watching the Ultra 4 stuff that Superior are putting on their FB page - looks like a heap of fun!

#12 ·
As with my patrol. I started getting some bits and pieces together for this buggy so hopefully I'll have a fair bit of what I need once the chassis gets here in a couple of months.

I got a dash for it. This is normally used on ATV's and other things like that. Its a good size and does everything I need. It is even programmable for a few things.

A new Typhoon intake to fit the 427ci block that should be here in a few days.

Some other goodies for the engine like a timing cover, moroso electric water pump, high volume oil pump, rear hump sump, 1:7 roller rockers, bling rocker covers, ARP stud kits and a whole bunch of other stuff.

I still have a few things on their way like the 4 bolt main after market 351 windsor block that will be taken out to 427ci and the C4 and Atlas are still on their way too. :punkrock:

#14 · (Edited)
Well my suspension for this and my patrol project finally arrived in the form of a few parcels with my new profender suspension. mmmmmmm lots of bling. Now just to get chassis and diffs from the states and start getting it all together.

I forgot how big these are. Damb. Thats a 2lt coke bottle.

The parts are piling up. I need a couple more parts before I can really get in and start some fabbity fab fab. :D

#16 ·
Well the heart, or at least the main part of it has just arrived. A Dart Ford Windsor 351ci Eagle block. This will be stroked and bored out to 427ci for the buggy. For this one I'm planning a dry sump set up as well and a nice intake. The block I've bought for the patrol will be kept to 393ci so I have the option to race in AORC events as well.

#18 ·
Unfortunately this project has to be put on hold. There are a few changes at work and I don't fit in with their new plans so I need to keep some cash spare until I sort out another job which hopefully won't be too long.

Cheers

Steve

#20 ·
There is plenty of work out there for my job. I can work anywhere in the world. Its not all bad though. I have a bunch of stuff that will keep me going on the patrol build for a while and this project isn't cancelled. Just on hold for a bit.

#22 ·
Well I've got some new work and I've been able to get more stuff together for this like actually paying for the chassis and a few other things. Still no new pics but the chassis is paid for and should be on its way from the states soon and I've just put some coin down for 2 new Atlas transfers from the guys at OPW. Again, awesome service from the guys to help me get this done. Not so easy to transfer money when sitting on a rig in the middle of nowhere and the stupid bank will only transfer money with SMS confirmation. But we worked around it thanks to Pete and Tazz. I'll definitely take more work to these guys with both my builds and in the future. Fast service and they go out of their way to help where they can.

There are a few other places that I've asked for quotes from and they still haven't gotten back to me since January or they get back to me with the same questions they asked the first 2 emails.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.