Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Hmmmm! How popular is this thread overall?

• I visit this thread to comment every day no matter what

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • I visit this thread to look and have a laugh

Votes: 31 53.4%
  • I visit this thread because I saw it in New Posts

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • I look but wouldn't be caught dead posting

Votes: 7 12.1%

• Total voters
105841 - 105860 of 105935 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,255 Posts
Don't forget the camera for the photo's you need to take for us
Will do better than that. We are taking the Dji Mavic Pro 2 with us. So we can drone fish as well as take a bucket load of pics and vid to complement the ground shots.
Hopefully we will get some good pics from above the boat whilst in motion with the drone in follow me mode. Will make navigating sand and rock bars a lot easier too.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
43,849 Posts

·
Blues Won as Expected. Go the Knights
Nissan
29,615 Posts
Yeah mate. Saves me having to bring the shower, portaloo and shower tent. No power to site so not quite to Troy's standard.

Yeah mate. Saves me having to bring the shower, portaloo and shower tent. No power to site so not quite to Troy's standard.

Yeah I know nothing about that..

Yeah I know nothing like that..

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,255 Posts

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
nissan
13,487 Posts
Dont tell Little John this..but his previous two ladies were goats.

·
Premium Member
Patrol Hybrid.
11,618 Posts

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu crd ute
8,023 Posts
About to go see a new chiro
That’s always fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Surely a Thai Massage with a happy ending would be more fun.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,190 Posts
About to go see a new chiro
That’s always fun
I credit a chiro with fixing my back issues some years ago.

My back improved a I great deal... When I lost patience and stopped going to see him 👍

Certainly no improvement when I was going.

I was also told that if I didn't get my back sorted (at great profit to the chiro, $75 odd, three times a week for foreseeable future), I'd be in a wheel chair within two years. Years later, I now ride a mountain bike and work in a mine, among a great many other activities not requiring wheel chairs. Oddly, my missus and several mates have been told basically the same thing by chiros.

See a Physio as Skeg said, or better still a really good Osteopath... But it's hard to find a good one. My mate sent me to his osteo once, just went once after a week of back agony and the guy was fair dinkum a miracle worker, a rare breed.

Good luck! Moral of the story - noisey cracking sounds are not a cure 😎

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
8,205 Posts
I don’t have anything wrong, I go once a year for an adjustment. It only costs me $20 per visit with my private health insurance and when I do have other issues I also see the physio.
We also have a friend that is a Physio and occupational therapist who generally guides us in the right direction.
Shame she moved to Denmark but now we have a place to stay if we ever go over there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,190 Posts
Just been trying to chase down little things that annoy me with the trol. Have pulled both spotlights as one stopped working / only working intermittently.

They are HID converted IPF Xtreme sports. They were done with Ntech 70w Ballasts as guts.

I was thinking of checking out Jaycar for replacements. Anybody got feedback on what to get?

I am quite happy with the 70W HID light output.
I'm 90% sure I have a couple of ballasts lying around you can have, no requirement for me, but I think 50w though. If you want them PM me a postal address and I'll send them on the weekend 👍

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,190 Posts
So... For the first time in at least a couple of years I've seen an episode of Pat Callinan's rubbish.

He explained that he'd once had his patrol slide down a hill and hit a tree, because he got out to hook up the winch due to lack of traction, and the handbrake only locks the rear wheels.

Ok please show me who is that fkn stupid to buy that shlt.

If you have so little traction that you need to winch, you'd be in 4wd.

If you're in 4wd in a patrol, then locking the rear tailshaft (or even both rear wheels in some models) will lock the driveline, including the front wheels, or at least one of them if you didn't have a front diff lock (which he says he did).

These stupid shows prey on the uninformed masses who don't actually go 4wding, which is ironic because they are aimed at 4wders. Wtf????

No wonder I get annoyed at the so called experts on 4wd shows...among other media lol

Still, if you're paid to tell us that a pretty much stock dual cab is a hardcore 4wd (and a BFG is a half decent tyre lol) then good on ya I guess... If it pays the bills so be it!

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
nissan
13,487 Posts
I'm 90% sure I have a couple of ballasts lying around you can have, no requirement for me, but I think 50w though. If you want them PM me a postal address and I'll send them on the weekend 👍
Do i qualify for the late list to Santa...Ive been a good boy (scratching ground with shoe).

105841 - 105860 of 105935 Posts