Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Hmmmm! How popular is this thread overall?

• I visit this thread to comment every day no matter what

Votes: 5 7.7%
  • I visit this thread to look and have a laugh

Votes: 35 53.8%
  • I visit this thread because I saw it in New Posts

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • I look but wouldn't be caught dead posting

Votes: 8 12.3%
113001 - 113020 of 113136 Posts

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,319 Posts
Anyone interested.... and under the current COVID circumstances I guess you’d have to live in WA already sorry...

In a job as a trainee dump truck operator (haulpack driver) at Telfer, in the east Pilbara? It would be for McMahons, the primary contractor for that kind of stuff. Telfer is the second biggest gold mine in Australia. They have recently acquired another significant deposit about 45kms to the east, so life of mine is at least another 15 years.

Be aware, it’s probably close to, if not the hottest mine in Oz... not far from Marble Bar, so summer temps are regularly 45, 46, even 47, and for stretches of days at a time. Summer at the bottom of the pit is rarely under 55.

Camp is a bit ordinary, but there are great people there, and there are far worse places to be.

If interested I’ll find out more for you, pm me or ring me if you know me.

·
Every dog has his day
nissan
18,319 Posts
Well you have until 23/10 to get younger and apply like Flynn!

2/1 roster though... a week of days, a week of nights, and a week off. First two days home you’re recovering from night shift, last two days home you’re miserable coz you’re going back to work so you have two or three happy days at home haha!

I’ve just been switched from 15/13 to 8/6... 8 days on better than 15, but then 13 days off FAR better than 6.

I suggested we split the difference from both options and do 8 days on and 13 off for the same pay?

They must be thinking about it coz I haven’t got an answer yet 🤪

Fingers crossed 😇

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
2,434 Posts
Well you have until 23/10 to get younger and apply like Flynn!

2/1 roster though... a week of days, a week of nights, and a week off. First two days home you’re recovering from night shift, last two days home you’re miserable coz you’re going back to work so you have two or three happy days at home haha!

I’ve just been switched from 15/13 to 8/6... 8 days on better than 15, but then 13 days off FAR better than 6.

I suggested we split the difference from both options and do 8 days on and 13 off for the same pay?

They must be thinking about it coz I haven’t got an answer yet 🤪

Fingers crossed 😇
What is this "day off" of which you speak?

·
Registered
nissan
2,006 Posts
'Morning,I see you have the engine crane,are you using this to lift the head off,or you plan to lift the engine out ? I have had several engines out/in so if I can help,just ask.

Cheers,G.
Morning yes,thank you .I will ask you .

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
Chit, there are some crashes in this qual session for the tier 2 drivers! :eek:

Foo

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
:unsure: 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 I reported that sponsor at the top of the page as spam this morning. 😇

Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
:unsure: 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 I reported that sponsor at the top of the page as spam this morning. 😇

Foo
Anyone who posts in GD needs to read the thread about this re signed sponsor in forum news.

·
Registered
Triton n Lovin it.
24,710 Posts
Anyone who posts in GD needs to read the thread about this re signed sponsor in forum news.
It didn't have sponsor against it at 3.30 this morning. ;)

Foo

·
Administrator
GUII ZD30DI Wgn
47,469 Posts
It had been written up that they were coming back, try to keep up Foo :).

113001 - 113020 of 113136 Posts