Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Hmmmm! How popular is this thread overall?

• I visit this thread to comment every day no matter what

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • I visit this thread to look and have a laugh

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • I visit this thread because I saw it in New Posts

Votes: 18 26.1%
  • I look but wouldn't be caught dead posting

Votes: 8 11.6%
117741 - 117760 of 117873 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,503 Posts
The BT has plenty of boogie when needed and tows really well, it’s quite surprising.
The D Max work ute goes hard too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,171 Posts
Waste of a v8.

Nothing wrong with the 5 cylinder motors that are in the bt50. Just do the oil changes……….. quickly.
Well the V8 would probably waste the rest of the drivetrain pretty quick.

So then it can be transplanted to a more deserving vehicle.

·
Rust is just natural weight reduction.
1986 SD33T SWB
11,171 Posts
The BT has plenty of boogie when needed and tows really well, it’s quite surprising.
The D Max work ute goes hard too

Its very annoying how well modern diesels tow. At least to me. It highlights how far behind the rest of the world my 40 year old diesel Patrol is.

My parents Trailblazer will tow a 3t trailer up a hill better than an NA Nissan boat anchor diesel will tow itself. Also will still sit on 1700rpm at 100km/h.

A few weeks ago, driving the 1HZ cruiser towing the MQ ute and doing all of 60km/h up a hill I was also passed by an amarok towing a car, not holding anyone up in the right lane.

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,503 Posts
Its very annoying how well modern diesels tow. At least to me. It highlights how far behind the rest of the world my 40 year old diesel Patrol is.

My parents Trailblazer will tow a 3t trailer up a hill better than an NA Nissan boat anchor diesel will tow itself. Also will still sit on 1700rpm at 100km/h.

A few weeks ago, driving the 1HZ cruiser towing the MQ ute and doing all of 60km/h up a hill I was also passed by an amarok towing a car, not holding anyone up in the right lane.
Yep, it wasn’t that long again that diesels were slugs.
I remember as a kid, my parents where into caravan’s and the annual trip from Vic to Qld we would always be held up by another caravan.
Almost always the tug was a G60 or equivalent Landcrab but back then mostly petrols with a top speed of 80 without a van on.
We had a HG Prem with 253 V8 power which in its day was powerful. A Barina today would go harder lol

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,074 Posts
I never understood the obsession with "gotta havva deeezzzul" for towing. Petrol and add a healthy serve of right boot. The only times I've used the Patrol for towing were:
  • The trailer weight was (potentially) a legal issue.
  • I needed 4wd.
The best tow vehicle I've ever driven was a Ford F250. 460, auto and straight gas.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,730 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
11,503 Posts

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,273 Posts
They go really well and good on fuel too. Grey nomads are starting to make them popular
Not that I’m calling you old

Liar liar pants on fire! 🤣 😇

Foo

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,273 Posts
Reactions: Yeti's Beast

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,273 Posts
Tomorrow night, we are going to a Shabu Shabu Japanese Restyraunt for my other half's 60th. Never been to one of these but guessing it is like a Korean BBQ, where you cook all of you own food but the upside is that there is a Sushi and Meat Bar as well, that you can help yourself to. 😁

Foo

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
27,273 Posts

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,392 Posts
Full of shjt mate,
He is a rich old farmer,
Only saying that to throw us of the scent . :ROFLMAO:

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,392 Posts
Tomorrow night, we are going to a Shabu Shabu Japanese Restyraunt for my other half's 60th. Never been to one of these but guessing it is like a Korean BBQ, where you cook all of you own food but the upside is that there is a Sushi and Meat Bar as well, that you can help yourself to. 😁

Foo
Wish her a happy 60th from 45...:giggle:

117741 - 117760 of 117873 Posts