Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Hmmmm! How popular is this thread overall?

• I visit this thread to comment every day no matter what

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • I visit this thread to look and have a laugh

Votes: 39 52.7%
  • I visit this thread because I saw it in New Posts

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I visit this thread but wouldn't be caught dead posting

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I visit this thread only on days that end in a Y

Votes: 1 1.4%
119161 - 119180 of 122439 Posts

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,729 Posts
I just can't help but feel that this almost 40yr old car has been kept in glorious condition for it's whole life, but since I've had it all I've done is scratch it, dent it and break it. Just having a bit of a moment, that's all
Some guys get a kick out of destroying a once clean car (usually picked up for a song) Enjoy it and trying to look after it is all the rest of us can do. It does take the enjoyment out of 4x4ing if you are worry too much.

I bought a very tidy Sierra before the price exploded on those and clean ones are impossible to find. I know how you feel.

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,834 Posts
Some guys get a kick out of destroying a once clean car (usually picked up for a song) Enjoy it and trying to look after it is all the rest of us can do. It does take the enjoyment out of 4x4ing if you are worry too much.

I bought a very tidy Sierra before the price exploded on those and clean ones are impossible to find. I know how you feel.
Yeah when I got my Patrol, my brother in-law couldn't believe that I would go into the bush with it. :eek: I said to him....Well why the fork would I buy one then? :unsure:🤣

Foo

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,834 Posts

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
19,035 Posts
Had a bit of a chuckle at work the other night… the extremities of urgency of assigned tasks.

First up; primary crusher two shut down, due to the mounting bracket for the return beam mechanism on the blocked chute sensor being broken, hence registering a blocked discharge chute and shutting down the crusher.

Whilst always being told not to rush anything and risk injuring myself, (lol), I had to make a new bracket from stainless steel, procure a suitable stauff clamp, and refit the whole thing to the side of the crusher’s discharge chute.

After frantically working on this and skipping first break (but not rushing lol), I got it mounted, called ops to test and calibrate, and the crusher was restarted, everyone being happy.

After a bite to eat I went and saw the boss for another job.

“Um…”, he said, flicking through some paperwork, “can you fit a new extraction fan on the wall of the women’s loo”, and added, grinning, “the office sheilas are squealing.”

There was a chuckle from next door, the mechanical supervisor, who offered “tell them to watch what they eat at the mess so they aren’t so stinky!”, after which we agreed that, as none were so brave as to offer this advice first hand to the ladies in question, it would indeed be easier if I just replaced the errant fan.

I’m not sure which of those two jobs was more important 😎

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,862 Posts
There is a difference between urgent and important, which many people fail to notice.

We need more information to determine which task was more important: what function(s) do the office ladies perform?

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,834 Posts
Multi tasking. 😁

Computer Picture frame Output device Personal computer Television set

Foo

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
19,035 Posts
There is a difference between urgent and important, which many people fail to notice.

We need more information to determine which task was more important: what function(s) do the office ladies perform?
Fair call.

The ladies that I can think of on my roster… there’s an electrical gingerbeer, a chemical gingerbeer, there’s the planning supervisor, and the admin girl who looks after our flights and accommodation, as well as flights, invoicing and timesheets etc for contractors (bloody contractor-scum hehe).

There’s also a bird in operations who is rough as guts and butch enough that I’m pretty sure she’d pee standing up anyway so probably uses the bloke’s loo so not relevant.

There’s a few young ladies working for ISH24 (the confined space management contractors) but they’re mainly on shut downs. I’m sure there are others I’ve forgotten but that’s the gist in our area.

To give some context, crusher 2 squashes rocks from the main pit and feeds stacker 3, which makes a big pile of said squashed boondies above 6 apron feeders which in turn feed the train 2 conveyor that feeds into the train 2 SAG and then ball mill, at a rate of 2400 tonnes per hour, from which is extracted a bit over 2 kgs of gold and a fair truckload of copper. So if the crusher is down for long enough that the coarse ore stockpile above the apron feeders runs out of dirt…, you can work that out.

So obviously a marauding gaggle of irate (and stinky) women would arguably take precedence.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,315 Posts
Gold is approximately $161000 per hour, so a 24 hr shift in gold is around $3.864 Million. Not too shabby.

Reactions: grumpyone and Foo

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
19,035 Posts
Gold is approximately $161000 per hour, so a 24 hr shift in gold is around $3.864 Million. Not too shabby.
That’s just train 2, train 1 takes its feed from the west pit and the underground mine which is a higher grade.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
20,315 Posts
That’s just train 2, train 1 takes its feed from the west pit and the underground mine which is a higher grade.
😳😳😳😳😳

·
Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
3,862 Posts
Fair call.

The ladies that I can think of on my roster… there’s an electrical gingerbeer, a chemical gingerbeer, there’s the planning supervisor, and the admin girl who looks after our flights and accommodation, as well as flights, invoicing and timesheets etc for contractors (bloody contractor-scum hehe).

There’s also a bird in operations who is rough as guts and butch enough that I’m pretty sure she’d pee standing up anyway so probably uses the bloke’s loo so not relevant.

There’s a few young ladies working for ISH24 (the confined space management contractors) but they’re mainly on shut downs. I’m sure there are others I’ve forgotten but that’s the gist in our area.

To give some context, crusher 2 squashes rocks from the main pit and feeds stacker 3, which makes a big pile of said squashed boondies above 6 apron feeders which in turn feed the train 2 conveyor that feeds into the train 2 SAG and then ball mill, at a rate of 2400 tonnes per hour, from which is extracted a bit over 2 kgs of gold and a fair truckload of copper. So if the crusher is down for long enough that the coarse ore stockpile above the apron feeders runs out of dirt…, you can work that out.

So obviously a marauding gaggle of irate (and stinky) women would arguably take precedence.
So only one of any importance: the flights and timesheets chick. Better keep her happy, and the rest just benefit by association.

·
Registered
CRD Wagon
1,729 Posts
Yeah when I got my Patrol, my brother in-law couldn't believe that I would go into the bush with it. :eek: I said to him....Well why the fork would I buy one then? :unsure:🤣

Foo
Mine was collected from the showroom on a Wednesday and taken to the hunting reserve Thursday.
A big difference between using it and being rough. The group I saw on faceacgje seemed to get a kick out of buying a TI wagon with not a single mark on it and stoving in every door and doing pillar damage on its first drive.

They didn't even bother with sliders because they literally feel the car was cheap enough to destroy.

Reactions: Foo

·
Registered
1985 SD33Ti MK LWB Wagon
458 Posts
Mine was collected from the showroom on a Wednesday and taken to the hunting reserve Thursday.
A big difference between using it and being rough. The group I saw on faceacgje seemed to get a kick out of buying a TI wagon with not a single mark on it and stoving in every door and doing pillar damage on its first drive.

They didn't even bother with sliders because they literally feel the car was cheap enough to destroy.
God I hate people like that…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

119161 - 119180 of 122439 Posts