Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Hmmmm! How popular is this thread overall?

• I visit this thread to comment every day no matter what

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • I visit this thread to look and have a laugh

Votes: 39 54.2%
  • I visit this thread because I saw it in New Posts

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • I visit this thread but wouldn't be caught dead posting

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • I visit this thread only on days that end in a Y

Votes: 0 0.0%
121181 - 121200 of 121351 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
19,431 Posts
They live in a symbiotic relationship with some microbes in the soil, you need to move them with a big chunk of the soil around them, illegal to take from the bush and I think you need a permit to transport or sell them.

Reactions: Foo

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
They live in a symbiotic relationship with some microbes in the soil, you need to move them with a big chunk of the soil around them, illegal to take from the bush and I think you need a permit to transport or sell them.
Yes, Yes and Yes. most die because they get looked after too well, in the wild they live in the crappiest soil you can find. I won't say where mine came from but it was many years ago and it lived on the side of a hill in rubbish conditions and was thriving, it lived on my property for many years and when we moved to QLD I wanted it to come with us, I put it into a large pot in which it was transported, it lasted around another 5 years where it decided to split into 2 branches, it really struggled through that and never fully recovered. conditions where we are now were just to good and it couldn't survive sadly.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
21,350 Posts
Leave them alone and let them do their thing in peace, get used to home ownership and pride in what grows, there are people who would love to have those examples growing in their yard, I'm one of them, I transported one from the NSW property I had when I moved to QLD, it struggled for years and eventually died.
This is what I'm talking about... All the dead bits in nature bushfires sort it out and natural regeneration but that won't be happening here. From what I read you need to cut it back right to the trunk so that fresh growth starts.

Mate who is a gardener also said it needs to be done.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
Y2KGUII ZD Wgn
52,510 Posts
This is what I'm talking about... All the dead bits in nature bushfires sort it out and natural regeneration but that won't be happening here. From what I read you need to cut it back right to the trunk so that fresh growth starts.

Mate who is a gardener also said it needs to be done.
I would clean the bottom so the trunk can be seen, maybe clip the greenery at the top but I would leave the stalk. I did actually set fire to mine as a last ditch attempt to keep it going.

·
Registered
2003 GU PATROL
21,350 Posts
I would clean the bottom so the trunk can be seen, maybe clip the greenery at the top but I would leave the stalk. I did actually set fire to mine as a last ditch attempt to keep it going.
The hedge trimmer is for the bottom stuff the stalk is just an idea i got last night after reading a couple of things. How high do i let it go? Just don't want it falling out and going over the fence and damaging something.

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
19,431 Posts
When they are spent, they are very light sticks, you would really need to give something a decent whack with it to do any damage, you could stab things with it though.

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,339 Posts
Don't know if I will be able to get home or the depot today. The Warrego Highway is closed at Crowley Vale and many waterways are rising. Currently at Dalby and supposed to load out near The Gums but waiting to see if it's raining out there. :rolleyes:

How forking useless are the sites for finding out about road closures, nothing is in alphabetical order. :poop:

Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
19,431 Posts
Damn, that was quick. You must’ve lit the wick on the MG.

• Haha

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,339 Posts
Damn, that was quick. You must’ve lit the wick on the MG.
Sent that back 2wks ago. 🤣

Sometimes when I hit post on the phone on the desk top version, it doesn't do it. :poop:

Foo

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
19,431 Posts
Sent that back 2wks ago. 🤣

Sometimes when I hit post on the phone on the desk top version, it doesn't do it. :poop:

Foo
What you got now? A Lamborghini?

• Haha

·
Premium Member
Nuffin now
28,339 Posts
What you got now? A Lamborghini?
Got an EA Ute from work or the BT50. The EA runs rings around the BT for drivability. 😵

Foo

Reactions: rgren2

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
19,431 Posts
When did you start working at Ripco? Or are you at Supercrap?
Don’t need to work there to know stuff. Research, grasshopper. I get all the emails from them. 🤣🤣
Old age and experience will always overcome youth.

Reactions: grumpyone and Foo
121181 - 121200 of 121351 Posts