Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

Hmmmm! How popular is this thread overall?

• I visit this thread to comment every day no matter what

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • I visit this thread to look and have a laugh

Votes: 40 51.3%
  • I visit this thread because I saw it in New Posts

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I visit this thread but wouldn't be caught dead posting

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • I visit this thread only on days that end in a Y

Votes: 2 2.6%
123861 - 123880 of 123909 Posts

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
🤭

Forehead Face Photograph Mouth Facial expression

Foo

Reactions: rgren2

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
When the clock shows 00 00 00 00 00 00 I will be cracking the seals on these two bottles. :dance:

Cloud Sky Daytime Light Blue
Handwriting Bottle Fluid Liquid Glass bottle
Tin Handwriting Fluid Drinkware Tin can
Bottle Liquid Wine Glass bottle Drink

Foo

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
🤣 🤣

Clothing Hair Hairstyle Facial expression Fashion

Foo

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
That bottle of Port will be consumed from these. It only seems fitting that a personally signed bottle by the maker is treated with great respect. 🥰

Drinkware Stemware Barware Drink Glass bottle

Foo

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
The stuff that you find when packing up to move. That Bible has notes and pics in it that my mother in-law put into it, including her marriage certificate. I won't part with the old cutlery nor would I give away the Bible, even though I'm not religious. We also have another Bible that dates back to when the mother inlaws relies came out on a sailing ship back in the early 1800's.

Foo

Wood Cosmetics Rectangle Wallet Font

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
Where the fork is @GUzdute, has he been taken ill or just like many others that don't let us know that they are okay and just taking a break from here? 🤔 :cautious:

Foo

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 😇

Clothing Photograph Facial expression Blue Green

Foo

• Wow
Reactions: grumpyone

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
From a friends experience and may help others. 🤔

(Waeco CF40 #2 - I was given this some years back, it had worked for a number ot years in a shed on 240V. It stopped working and was found also to not work on 12V. I did a standard test on the compressor and it would not work on 240V, this is indicative of a converter fault within the compressor controller. I connected 12v to the input socket and tested to find that voltage was not appearing at 12V input contacts of the compressor controller. A dry solder joint was found on the positive pin of the 12V socket, hidden under a sleeve of heat-shrink, this was fixed. It worked well on 12V and I wired an Anderson type plug. The compressor controller is the single most expensive assembly to replace in these fridges. Commonly available fridges that are modelled on the WAECO simply use a plug pack to supply 12V, this simplifies thermostat and control design.
For a time I have been running this fridge on a generic 7A 12V plug pack, these are very inefficient and consume un-necessary power in the idle state. The 240V wiring was removed and an external IGBT based switched mode modular power supply was fitted to provide 12V. A 12V relay with a change over contact was used to isolate the output of the modular power supply once external 12V is connected. It works a treat now, but I suspect the thermistor will soon need replacing, with this version of CF40 that is a challenge. I do however have a more cost effective thermistor replacement solution at hand.)

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper

Foo

Reactions: grumpyone

· Registered
No Patrol :(
3,984 Posts
Recently I've been getting adds for shirts popping up on the side of the forum page & one in particular suits a lot of us on here. It has a picture of Animal from the muppets & the words "I am currently unsupervised. I know, it freaks me out too, but the possibilities are endless"

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
Recently I've been getting adds for shirts popping up on the side of the forum page & one in particular suits a lot of us on here. It has a picture of Animal from the muppets & the words "I am currently unsupervised. I know, it freaks me out too, but the possibilities are endless"
Funny you say that but so have I. 🤔

Foo

· Registered
1989 GQ TD42 wagon
4,463 Posts

Scored these a while ago on sale, finally used them while working on the daily. The magnet isn't the strongest (it's basically a decent fridge magnet), but it works OK for small bolts and an Allen key (that's what I tested them with because that's what I took off).

Because there's 4 of the buggers, so you can keep components from different sections of the job in separate trays. Being pop-up they may even be worth taking on a road trip, but it's still more space and weight to cart around.

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
o_O That would creep you out if someone did that.

Cloud Water Cartoon World Organism

Foo

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts

· Premium Member
Nuffin now
30,115 Posts
Well that's it for me, up at 1.45am for work so gunna hit the fart sack and see if I can get some sleep. :rolleyes: Three more sleeps till I get my new ute, so maybe that's something that is good to look forward to this week. 😁

Foo

123861 - 123880 of 123909 Posts