Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
nissan patrol gq
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys
just recently developed a pretty serious vibration which comes through the whole car. it is most noticable high up in second (3000 rpm), all the way through third, slightly in 4th and at about 2000-2200 rpm (90-100 kph) in 5th.

took it to the mechanics on friday and he found stuffed engine mounts and was pretty confident that was the problem, so swapped them out today and it hasnt made any difference.

I dont think its any of the driveshafts or uni's or diffs but was leaning towards gearbox bearings or pieces of the clutch having broken off and are casuing vibrations in the bell housing. i really hope its not the trademark tough gearbox thats letting me down cause my mates will never let me live it down haha.

has anyone had something similar or any theories about where to check for this vibration issue or if any of the WA guys know of a good patrol or general four wheel drive mechanic in perth that would be heaps of help too

cheers

·
Registered
nissan gu
1,195 Posts
had same problem for 2 years have replaced heaps. Then found the inner mechanism of my hubs were stuffed (both of them) I have done the Auto to manual conversion to them as well as having had them replaced them previously. Took them out & no more vibration!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts