Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for some time now I have had this recipe stashed away in the corner waiting for the day I had time or the motivation to get it happening and meet the 2 together. Well that day come today. I purchased the pathfinder about 6 plus months ago after acquiring a vk56 and trans from a supplier of mine under abit of a agreement. I originally bought a navara but really wanted the grocery getter form of surprise so after seeing this pop up I moved the navara at a very fast pace and went and collected my very smoky and noisy vq40 pathfinder. Whilst we had Hope's and dreams of trying too get it registered prior to the conversion I just could not get this thing to clean up. So after a few days of terrorising the streets in what I thought was a fun car to drive it was packed away or in my shop stashed away lol I put the beers on this arvo and a few of us got stuck in.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So are you practising how to do a VK56 transplant on an R51 so that you can later do it for real on a Y61...? ;)
I have had a few enquiry regarding this. We currently are looking into it. All comes down to if its cost effective over a LS really

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'14 Y61 ZD30 CRD M/T ST
3,533 Posts
I have had a few enquiry regarding this. We currently are looking into it. All comes down to if its cost effective over a LS really
I know LS motors are a dime a dozen, but I suppose there will always be the odd hard a$$ (myself included) who'd prefer keeping it in the family...

What donor car is the VK56 and trans from...? Doesn't look like a Y62 engine cover...? :roll:

·
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know LS motors are a dime a dozen, but I suppose there will always be the odd hard a$$ (myself included) who'd prefer keeping it in the family...

What donor car is the VK56 and trans from...? Doesn't look like a Y62 engine cover...? :roll:
Correct mate. The y62 electrics are way more complex then the titan. This was imported from America

·
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I see there is one on gumtree in Perth for $16,400. Nothing to do with you gassed?
Nah not that one, I do know that gent but

I've been looking for a mum wagon to get the mrs, id consider this :D

Well everything is for sale mate ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Here To Be Entertained
Currently not a vehicle owner
12,281 Posts
How is the electronics integration compared to using a different brand engine?
As in Ford uses X system, Holden uses Y system, Nissan uses Z system. Is going Nissan to Nissan easier, or still fun to work through with speed, revs, cruise so on and so on.

Great work mate, and would give the Holden equivalent being done a run for it's money ;)

·
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
How is the electronics integration compared to using a different brand engine?
As in Ford uses X system, Holden uses Y system, Nissan uses Z system. Is going Nissan to Nissan easier, or still fun to work through with speed, revs, cruise so on and so on.

Great work mate, and would give the Holden equivalent being done a run for it's money ;)
Yes using the same systems is a lot easier then ever imagined. I have even programmed the nats ti br fully functional so all standard features work

1 - 20 of 51 Posts