Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Cheers gents, I have been ripping around in it today and the looks people give you is sooo bloody funny. I had a gent at the servo look at it front to back and looked a little puzzled. Mind you running it straight out the cats makes for some loud motoring thats for sure. Have a feeling I will need to change the tcm as I dont think the current one likes it much and being nissan it wont be able to be tuned through the software i have available. The tail pipe section arrived today so i can build the rest of the exhaust this week after hours and get it down the drags wensday for a few runs. Providing I'm not sleeping out the trap and i can crawl it out of the same one, I cant see why it wouldnt do a mid 14 given the 400m speeds I have been seeing ;-)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Anger management pi$$es me off
nissan
7,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
About 8 seconds to 100klm eh. I was expecting 6 at least hehe. My crappy old TD will do that with a bit of effort. lol
Can only do a half throttle take off other wise it blows the tyres off. Matched with a early 1st gear change.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Cheers gents, I have been ripping around in it today and the looks people give you is sooo bloody funny. I had a gent at the servo look at it front to back and looked a little puzzled. Mind you running it straight out the cats makes for some loud motoring thats for sure. Have a feeling I will need to change the tcm as I dont think the current one likes it much and being nissan it wont be able to be tuned through the software i have available. The tail pipe section arrived today so i can build the rest of the exhaust this week after hours and get it down the drags wensday for a few runs. Providing I'm not sleeping out the trap and i can crawl it out of the same one, I cant see why it wouldnt do a mid 14 given the 400m speeds I have been seeing ;-)

A stock 62 ti will do high 14’s low 15’s.
That thing being 400kg lighter should do low 14’s easy.

·
SUI GENERIS UTE
GQ Ute 1990 Silvertop
6,195 Posts
Is that a ute?
Yeah mate a ute. My sons GU experimental EFR6758 will easily breaks 8 sec closer to 6 if water methanol is activated. My own GQ ute is a bit different, its 500kg's lighter and a lot more bits to make torque a bit differently. It may not break 6 due to gearing but it would certainly be very close with pre turbo Water/Methanol. Maybe one of them efr's would crack that 6 sec, due to instant transitions they are well noted for.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts