Patrol 4x4 - Nissan Patrol Forum banner

3321 - 3340 of 3417 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,234 Posts
Guess what? 4th motor wrong way lol

The fitter was laughing his head off.
A few years back I had to commission a waste water treatment plant. I would bet the fitter a beer for each pump direction test. They would not have a bet in the end.

If it is a new pump (not rewound) and if site phase rotation is correct, and connected as per manufacturers data sheet it will go the right way.

No way of checking this new pumps rotation when it is five meters in the drink and weighs about 600 hundred kilos.

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GUIV
18,417 Posts
They’re rewound mate, always a couple of spares for each size and the old ones get sent off to become the new spares when repaired. Every now and again there’s a brand newy 👍

Also, RWB isn’t always RWB... I’ve found some lazy bugger in the past on a couple of them has changed direction by swapping phases in the shady, air conditioned substation instead of out in the field where it’s stinking hot!

The supervisor goes pretty wild when he finds this lol

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,415 Posts
Wtf got back to caravan pk and there is a camper trailer and tarago next to my site. Had a fright thought Troy had come to S.A for a visit. But not him .

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
10,476 Posts
Wtf got back to caravan pk and there is a camper trailer and tarago next to my site. Had a fright thought Troy had come to S.A for a visit. But not him .

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
You mean Jim Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,659 Posts

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,659 Posts

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,659 Posts
That was interesting. Decided I needed a ride so I sets sail at 7.30pm thinking it will be nice and quiet but nooooooooooo, I struck two idiots on motorised skateboards in the middle of the road with no lighting or reflective clothing and then some w.anker walking his dog, in the middle of the road. I came around a corner and only picked him up, 10mtrs before I was upon him. Slowed down and rode past on the right hand side of the road, didn't say anything and when I came past him again from another direction, he yells at me..........You're a forkhead! :unsure: I instantly replied.........excuse me and turned around and went back to confront him. He then proceeds to tell me how much of an idiot I am and that I frightened his dog and I should have used my bell. :unsure:
I'm now a bit confused and said to him..........You were walking, your dog, in the middle of the road, in the dark, instead of the footpath but he was stuck on the bell thing, it didn't matter that, I, had the lights on and he wasn't visible in the dark till it was nearly to late, so WTF am I missing here? 🤬

Foo

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
2,726 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
10,476 Posts
That was interesting. Decided I needed I a ride so I sets sail at 7.30pm thinking it will be nice and quiet but nooooooooooo, I struck two idiots on motorised skateboards in the middle of the road with no lighting or reflective clothing and then some w.anker walking his dog, in the middle of the road. I came around a corner and only picked him up, 10mtrs before I was upon him. Slowed down and rode past on the right hand side of the road, didn't say anything and when I came past him again from another direction, he yells at me..........You're a forkhead! :unsure: I instantly replied.........excuse me and turned around and went back to confront him. He then proceeds to tell me how much of an idiot I am and that I frightened his dog and I should have used my bell. :unsure:
I'm now a bit confused and said to him..........You were walking, your dog, in the middle of the road, in the dark, instead of the footpath but he was stuck on the bell thing, it didn't matter that, I, had the lights on and he wasn't visible in the dark till it was nearly to late, so WTF am I missing here?

Foo
Your missing your BELL, that’s what lol

·
Registered
2018 Mazda BT50 Dual cab
10,476 Posts
Ffs
I looked it up on the qld transport site and it’s an actual requirement ha ha

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,659 Posts
Ffs
I looked it up on the qld transport site and it’s an actual requirement ha ha

Already new that but wouldn't have made any difference, he was in the middle of the road, not to the side of it and 10mtrs is sweet stuff all in time to cover when it was at that point where I picked him up. I had my light on low beam so it doesn't shine that far. ;)

Foo

·
Registered
69 Posts
That was interesting. Decided I needed I a ride so I sets sail at 7.30pm thinking it will be nice and quiet but nooooooooooo, I struck two idiots on motorised skateboards in the middle of the road with no lighting or reflective clothing and then some w.anker walking his dog, in the middle of the road. I came around a corner and only picked him up, 10mtrs before I was upon him. Slowed down and rode past on the right hand side of the road, didn't say anything and when I came past him again from another direction, he yells at me..........You're a forkhead! :unsure: I instantly replied.........excuse me and turned around and went back to confront him. He then proceeds to tell me how much of an idiot I am and that I frightened his dog and I should have used my bell. :unsure:
I'm now a bit confused and said to him..........You were walking, your dog, in the middle of the road, in the dark, instead of the footpath but he was stuck on the bell thing, it didn't matter that, I, had the lights on and he wasn't visible in the dark till it was nearly to late, so WTF am I missing here? 🤬

Foo
It especially sucks when there will be some crackhead walking in the middle of the road and there’s no street lights on a dark night damn almost hit them like honestly going to go past one day and they will have been hit by a car. 🙄

Also, quite funny sometimes you ride past someone through the grass and they jump to the moon and back thinking it’s a snake or something it’s hilarious! 😂

·
Premium Member
2003 ZD30 Di Patrol (The rare Gold one)
25,634 Posts
That was interesting. Decided I needed a ride so I sets sail at 7.30pm thinking it will be nice and quiet but nooooooooooo, I struck two idiots on motorised skateboards in the middle of the road with no lighting or reflective clothing and then some w.anker walking his dog, in the middle of the road. I came around a corner and only picked him up, 10mtrs before I was upon him. Slowed down and rode past on the right hand side of the road, didn't say anything and when I came past him again from another direction, he yells at me..........You're a forkhead! :unsure: I instantly replied.........excuse me and turned around and went back to confront him. He then proceeds to tell me how much of an idiot I am and that I frightened his dog and I should have used my bell. :unsure:
I'm now a bit confused and said to him..........You were walking, your dog, in the middle of the road, in the dark, instead of the footpath but he was stuck on the bell thing, it didn't matter that, I, had the lights on and he wasn't visible in the dark till it was nearly to late, so WTF am I missing here?

Foo
I wonder if the bullbar of your truck or it's rear mudflaps would of scared him more.
I guess he found out that you ain't exactly the soft target he was hoping for. Almost worth unclipping a foot to play fur or idiot footy. Keep that in your memory banks if you cross paths again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,659 Posts
I wonder if the bullbar of your truck or it's rear mudflaps would of scared him more.
I guess he found out that you ain't exactly the soft target he was hoping for. Almost worth unclipping a foot to play fur or idiot footy. Keep that in your memory banks if you cross paths again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bloody hell, look who the cat dragged in. :eek: How ya been?

Foo

·
Premium Member
Triton n Lovin it.
25,659 Posts
Reactions: Yeti's Beast
3321 - 3340 of 3417 Posts