·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,567 Posts

·
I Have Imaginary Friends
Patrol Hybrid.
17,567 Posts
Might have misread a bit, but the pollution one is complete crap.

·
just a good guy.
2009 gu ute
9,893 Posts

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,643 Posts
Wonder where they get their stats from? If your equipment takes 10-15 pulls to start, it’s time for maintenance.
Maybe he needs to get off the computer and do some exercise to build strength to cut down on the amount of pulls it takes to start.

Or he could just move to “Stated in Cancer to cause California”

·
Every dog has his day
2005 TD42 GU IV
18,748 Posts
Easy to say when there are only draw lines in the conduits. When the conduit contains a piece of cable that there is a 12 week lead time on it's a completely different situation.
OB I’ve been in this moron infested shlthole for 2 1/2 weeks. I’m spitting out the positives between clenched teeth in a vain attempt to maintain my sanity. Three quarters of my crew are ready to kill each other, and the boss tried to have me bite my tongue in emails to the project manager today, I tuned him in to the fact that I bite my tongue in the first week, give it a bit of a nibble in the second week but by week three, whilst I do take complete responsibiliy, there will be no $&#@s given, I did not ask for nor approve of 3 week swings and neither did anyone else here, and he does 3 or 4 days on the occasional week.

At this point I don’t think before opening my mouth, I like to be just as surprised as everyone else by what comes out of it.

I sleep 4 or 5 hours on a good night, and am pretty miserable just now so whilst I fully agree a cable would be far worse, I’ll take a draw rope any day. 3 metres away is 4 sets of 4x400mm2 cable that can’t be replaced as there is now a crusher in the way of the winch point, so still rope for the win 🏆

Today I found they fkd the conveyor sections, wrong conduits fitted and sections labelled wrong, somehow it’s up to me to sort it before mechanical lifts them and the 130t crane is here tomorrow arvo to start.

The gift that just keeps on giving.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,128 Posts
Noticed a Y62 in the Nissan yard at Coffs today, so dropped in fo a look. It was a 2020 TI-L & they want $100k for it. Asked how much for a new TI, same price, $100k, WTF. Told him is was quoted $90k in Armidale on the weekend, "go buy it" he said. Sorry Mr Nissan, I want a Y62 but there's not enough lube on this planet for me to get screwed that hard.

·
After Monday and Tuesday, even the calender says W
06 Td42ti coil cab chassis
18,392 Posts
Noticed a Y62 in the Nissan yard at Coffs today, so dropped in fo a look. It was a 2020 TI-L & they want $100k for it. Asked how much for a new TI, same price, $100k, WTF. Told him is was quoted $90k in Armidale on the weekend, "go buy it" he said. Sorry Mr Nissan, I want a Y62 but there's not enough lube on this planet for me to get screwed that hard.
Should have traded the old girl..Whould have covered the difference ;)

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,128 Posts
Wouldn't trade it in, probably be lucky to get $6-8k for it. Still thinking about selling it now & waiting a year or so until supply of new cars improve & prices return to normal. We know someone that owns second hand 4X4 car yards, one in Sydney & one up here, might see if he can find me a good late model used one.

·
Registered
Nissan MK,GQ & now GU.
2,730 Posts
Wouldn't trade it in, probably be lucky to get $6-8k for it. Still thinking about selling it now & waiting a year or so until supply of new cars improve & prices return to normal. We know someone that owns second hand 4X4 car yards, one in Sydney & one up here, might see if he can find me a good late model used one.
If you are on Facebook or know someone that is look up Luke Cass. He is a broker and only last week had some new series 5 ti in NSW for around 80k maybe a little more. Probably any colour you like as long it is white.

·
18,392 Posts
White is best anyway..win win.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,128 Posts
Would probably go for a white one anyway, none of the other colours really appeal to me anyway.
Still have to wait till my uncles estate is settled. Only got the death certificate two weeks ago and now looks like I have to go to Sydney to sign the probate papers & it will be mid next month before I can get there. Could be a year until everything is finalised.

·
18,392 Posts
Would probably go for a white one anyway, none of the other colours really appeal to me anyway.
Still have to wait till my uncles estate is settled. Only got the death certificate two weeks ago and now looks like I have to go to Sydney to sign the probate papers & it will be mid next month before I can get there. Could be a year until everything is finalised.
Cant you use Docusign on the net??

·
Pass the Popcorn
Nissan Datsun Patrol
6,643 Posts
It’ll be a 6 month wait at the absolute bare minimum. Stupid as it sounds that gives anyone the chance to file claims with the solicitor.

Best advice is to shut up about it, don’t talk to anyone you don’t absolutely trust as it might spark some ideas in the non favourable family types that could appear out of the woodwork.

Then it’ll be about 6 weeks usually for everything to go through. Given the times if you have the 12 month mind set it’ll cut down on expectations.

·
Registered
1998 2.8GU wagon
3,128 Posts
Only got notified yesterday that the probate paperwork is ready & still waiting for the solicitor to call me to discuss it. Being executor is costing me a fortune, have to pay power, water, rates etc until we can sell his unit & now I have to pay around $3.5k probate lodgement fee. I'll get it back eventually, but could be a while. Already lost over 3 months due to stuff ups by Australia post & Dep't of births, deaths & marriages with the death certificate.

3761 - 3780 of 3784 Posts